test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Torpedo Nerf Compromise: Unlock Fire GCD

jjgrands420jjgrands420 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvP Gameplay
You wouldnt need to stack hy or ts to get simul torp hits if thewy simpkly unlocked the global cd. There is no global cd for firing beams or cannons, why have torpedoes been so punished?

UNLOCK TORPEDO COOLDOWN. / DO WHATEVER U WANT TO BO

deal
Post edited by jjgrands420 on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Removing the global one second cooldown on torpedoes would be an interesting idea.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is my idea to make Torpedos a viable... and widely used weapon type.

I posted this idea in your other thread... There would be a lot of issues with removing the Global from torps completely... 1 the doffs would need to be redone... 2 there would need to be some major redsigns to the torps themselves... or the game would just devolve into every 5 fore weapon ship running 5 transphasic torps... and spamming the hell out of them.

I would vote more for making them more effective and addressing the real reason most players don't see them as a good investment.

Implement a Sliding scale of Bleed through on shields with less then 30% of there cap.

So Anyone that has more then 30% of there facing will still resist 75% of the torpedo dmg as it is now.

At 28%... it would drop to 73
    at 26%... it would drop to 70
    at 24%... it would drop to 67
    at 22%... it would drop to 64
    at 20%... it would drop to 60
    at 18%... it would drop to 56
    at 16%... it would drop to 52
    at 14%... it would drop to 48
    at 12%... it would drop to 44
    at 10%... it would drop to 40
    at 8%... it would drop to 35
    at 6%... it would drop to 30
    at 4%... it would drop to 25
    at 2%... it would drop to 20
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A sliding scale based on a threshold is an interesting variant on the standard sliding scale...hrmm.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is one of many long overdue changes torps need.

I think due to BO nerf, tricobalt needs to also be reverted to its pre-nerf state. At least buff the torps back and remove the global cd it starts on mines and bio-neural warhead.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is my idea to make Torpedos a viable... and widely used weapon type.

I posted this idea in your other thread... There would be a lot of issues with removing the Global from torps completely... 1 the doffs would need to be redone... 2 there would need to be some major redsigns to the torps themselves... or the game would just devolve into every 5 fore weapon ship running 5 transphasic torps... and spamming the hell out of them.

I would vote more for making them more effective and addressing the real reason most players don't see them as a good investment.

Implement a Sliding scale of Bleed through on shields with less then 30% of there cap.

So Anyone that has more then 30% of there facing will still resist 75% of the torpedo dmg as it is now.

At 28%... it would drop to 73
    at 26%... it would drop to 70
    at 24%... it would drop to 67
    at 22%... it would drop to 64
    at 20%... it would drop to 60
    at 18%... it would drop to 56
    at 16%... it would drop to 52
    at 14%... it would drop to 48
    at 12%... it would drop to 44
    at 10%... it would drop to 40
    at 8%... it would drop to 35
    at 6%... it would drop to 30
    at 4%... it would drop to 25
    at 2%... it would drop to 20
    This is a great idea, limiting or destroying gcd's for torps would make the boat builds much more viable.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really, I don't see any negative effects that would result from this, especially since it is so easy to pump kinetic resist. Consider it a vote from me!

Although it might result in seeing BoPs with single BO to blow down a facing combined with 3 torp launchers.....
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I approve of this, I see devastation for torps finally
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Casting a yes vote for this
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »

Although it might result in seeing BoPs with single BO to blow down a facing combined with 3 torp launchers.....

The campaign re: BO balance is not about nerfing BoP. I am sure many BoP are feeling pretty upset right now re: the fix of BO exploit. If the proposed changed re: removing GCD on Torpedos is received positively, at least the BoP won't feel targeted as much.

More to that, it's difficult for a single BO to blow down a single facing. Take a cruiser for example, most of have them either Elite Fleet Shield or Reputation Shield (e.g. Adapted MACO). Their base strength is between 9000 ~ 12000 each facing on average, with shield damage resist, an average BO of 24K will not be able to pierce though the high end of that spectrum, calculated to be around 11K or so of actual shield damage. The 24K figure comes from 4+ purple tactical Mk XII consoles + at least APO III, not easily achieved, although some veteran BoP here would want to boast otherwise by factoring critical hits. By all accounts, Critical hits are rare, even a 20% critical chance is considered very high and even that, it only happens once every 5 times. Some Federation Ships have much tougher shielding than your average cruiser and can withstand almost 3 times more beating than an Odyssey or Excelsior in terms of shielding. So removing the Torpedo GCD is less an issue. In fact, it may encourage people to use Torpedo more often.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    The campaign re: BO balance is not about nerfing BoP. I am sure many BoP are feeling pretty upset right now re: the fix of BO exploit. If the proposed changed re: removing GCD on Torpedos is received positively, at least the BoP won't feel targeted as much.

More to that, it's difficult for a single BO to blow down a single facing. Take a cruiser for example, most of have them either Elite Fleet Shield or Reputation Shield (e.g. Adapted MACO). Their base strength is between 9000 ~ 12000 each facing on average, with shield damage resist, an average BO of 24K will not be able to pierce though the high end of that spectrum, calculated to be around 11K or so of actual shield damage. The 24K figure comes from 4+ purple tactical Mk XII consoles + at least APO III, not easily achieved, although some veteran BoP here would want to boast otherwise by factoring critical hits. By all accounts, Critical hits are rare, even a 20% critical chance is considered very high and even that, it only happens once every 5 times. Some Federation Ships have much tougher shielding than your average cruiser and can withstand almost 3 times more beating than an Odyssey or Excelsior in terms of shielding. So removing the Torpedo GCD is less an issue. In fact, it may encourage people to use Torpedo more often.

Simply idle speculation, you can put the pitchforks down now. :)
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with this: It is not as if you cannot react to incoming torpedoes. There's a skill giving massive amounts of kinetic resist for covering exactly this situation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]