test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Oops" Forgotten

sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
In STLV Cryptic had a Dev Panel

(Video provided by TrekRadio.net)

and around time index 45:50 Dstahl made the biggest "oops" moment of the season 8 reveal... WHY HASN'T THIS GOTTEN MORE COVERAGE?!?!

DStahl: "Next year you're going to see something that allows you to fly all kinds of different ships so..."

DO WHAT?!?!? o>O

SPECULATE!
Member of the "Disenchanted"
We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More ship roster slots? :p
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    WHY HASN'T THIS GOTTEN MORE COVERAGE?!?!

probably because it could mean anything at this stage.

we are currently flying fed, klingon, romulan, tal shiar, timeships, tholian, cardassian, elachi, ferengi, suliban, freighters as it is, so what does flying all kinds mean if we are not doing so already?

special crafted ships to your own personal taste?
    new types of ship classes?
    a sort of rts game where you control fleets of ships?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    a sort of rts game where you control fleets of ships?
    Good God I hope not. We're already got idiots flying around in PvE's without a clue what they're doing, and now they're thinking about giving these idiots a fleet of ships?

The Galaxy is doomed. Might as well let the Borg Assimilate us all.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    i wouldnt doubt it if it was missions that had its own ship.

like that anniversary mission we had, Temporal Ambassador..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Be interesting if Stahl could elaborate on what he said. Flying any ship can mean either they are implementing somekind of ship upgrade system, or having more missions like Doomsday / Temporal Ambassador in flying ships that aren't your own.

Given we just got the Elachi ship, be a sneaky way to get people to whet their appetites going "I want this ship!"
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Be interesting if Stahl could elaborate on what he said.
    I'm sure he will elaborate, 2-3 months from now when Season 8 actually starts getting close to coming out and all the plans have been finalized and the start the Season 8 blogs. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They've wanted to have us Admirals commanding small fleets instead of single ships for the longest time. So that's probably what he was alluding to.
    We get to fly our main ship alongside other ships from our roster, commandeered by some of our BOs.

And who knows, with the help of transporter magic, we might even be able to switch between our ships inflight.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    DStahl: "Next year you're going to see something that allows you to fly all kinds of different ships so..."

SPECULATE!

Don't wanna . ;)

Because of the source .
    Because it could mean anything .
    Because it may never happen .
    Because they taught me the hard way not to believe a word they say until I see it on Tribble with my own eyes -- and even then to treat it with scepticism , as it might get uber-nerfed or just removed down the road .

Oh , and there have been statements flung in the air about once they raise the level cap , you'll be able to fly/use your lower tier ships ... "somehow" .
    That has been talked about since almost a year ... , and now it's "next year" -- yeah ... . :rolleyes:

Holding my breath I am not . :P
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I'm sure he will elaborate, 2-3 months from now when Season 8 actually starts getting close to coming out and all the plans have been finalized and the start the Season 8 blogs. :)

Don't think it's going to be part of Season 8. Probably more like Season 10. :P
  • Options
    ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master ranks?

Possibility.... just sayin....
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was already talked about, so wasn't surprised Dstahl mentioned it. Think the details were discussed on Priority one podcast if I recall correctly.

From what I recall of it all, is that it sounds there will be away to pilot other faction ships, and from what was said, that it would be many ships that could have this happen to. Now I'm not sure where this is going to go, in terms of raiding ships or taking them over *shrug* . But itll be interesting to see how they actually do it. Fed captains flying kdf bop's ect... think this game si going to go a little crazy lol.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E