test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Fleet Holding building base ideas

borg3of25borg3of25 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
we are done with the star base, and embassy construction. just a little more to go on the fleet mine. I had a few ideas for the devs to make new fleet holdings .

1) A Space station base build near a really wired and colorful space anomaly that give's you particle traces .

2) A Space Science base build that lets you mix and match ship parts for a more custom look for your ship. or bridge layout.

3) A Planet Fleet base like Starfleet academy .
Post edited by borg3of25 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whatever the next Fleet Holding is, it must have Exploration, Espionage, Colonial and/or Medical. The Embassy had Recruitment and Diplomacy which makes sense since you were recruiting Romulans to your crew and had diplomatic ties with the Romulans. The Dilithium Mine had Trade and Development which makes sense since your fleet is developing an asteroid by mining out the Dilithium and when it runs out, the Mine could be used for other purposes and trading Dilithium for various supplies.

A couple of possible Fleet Holdings are Listening Post using Exploration and Espionage and Hospital which uses Colonial and Medical. Colony could work with Exploration and Colonial, but that leaves Espionage and Medical and the implication of that fleet holding is too unethical for the Federation to even contemplate unless they are part of Section 31.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Whatever the next Fleet Holding is, it must have Exploration, Espionage, Colonial and/or Medical. The Embassy had Recruitment and Diplomacy which makes sense since you were recruiting Romulans to your crew and had diplomatic ties with the Romulans. The Dilithium Mine had Trade and Development which makes sense since your fleet is developing an asteroid by mining out the Dilithium and when it runs out, the Mine could be used for other purposes and trading Dilithium for various supplies.

A couple of possible Fleet Holdings are Listening Post using Exploration and Espionage and Hospital which uses Colonial and Medical. Colony could work with Exploration and Colonial, but that leaves Espionage and Medical and the implication of that fleet holding is too unethical for the Federation to even contemplate unless they are part of Section 31.

Is there a dev posting that support this commendations=fleet holdings thing? Or is it all based on assumptions and patterns?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a fairly reasonable inference to be drawn from the available evidence. The first two holdings each had two commendation XP tracks. The starbase has three - tactical = military, and then you have science and engineering. So IF this idea is correct, then it follows that of the holdings to come, they will likely involve some combination of the remaining commendation tracks.

I can see several possibilities to account for hypothetical holdings. A colony world or space station in an uncharted sector, with colonisation and exploration as the commendation XP. A FOB for the war effort, with medical and espionage (I don't really like this idea though). A listening post, connected to either the war effort or as part of an exploration revamp - espionage and exploration being the two tracks. The colony world can also have colonisation and medical for its tracks. Some of these ideas complement the upcoming space adventure zone too. The holding might also have something to do with the Voth too. Maybe medical could be a commendation track involved in biological research in the Voth's distant origins.

There are quite a few ideas for the next holding/s.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Well let us look at what has currently been done;

Starbase
    -Military
    -Enginering
    -Science
    Embassy
    -Diplomacy
    -Recruit
    Dil Mine
    -Trade
    -Development

Now let us compare that to the commendation advancement areas;

-Diplomacy
    -Science
    -Engineering
    -Military
    -Exploration
    -Espionage
    -Medical
    -Colonial
    -Trade
    -Development
    -Recruitment

We start to see a trend developing, so perhaps the next facility will reside somewhere withing these choices.

-Exploration
    -Espionage
    -Medical
    -Colonial

Presumably, there will be 2 more facilities, each encompassing 2 each of the 4 remaining choices.

Personally, I favor a base on the planet the fleet starbase is orbiting. (It is orbiting a planet and not just floating in deep space all by itself?) And it would have;

-Medical
    -Colonial

And perhaps it could be a facility that makes colony equipment for setting up new colonies, and the projects could be themed that way.

That would leave.

-Exploration
    -Espionage

I still champion a Hangar for this option. A collection of fleet owned ships that are unavailable to persons not in a fleet. And it's projects are provisioning ships to stock the hangar with.

Of course I am just an armchair admiral, so my opinion carries little weight.
  • peg51bpeg51b Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    borg3of25 wrote: »
    we are done with the star base, and embassy construction. just a little more to go on the fleet mine. I had a few ideas for the devs to make new fleet holdings .

1) A Space station base build near a really wired and colorful space anomaly that give's you particle traces .

2) A Space Science base build that lets you mix and match ship parts for a more custom look for your ship. or bridge layout.

3) A Planet Fleet base like Starfleet academy .
    I have been unable to enter my fleet dilithium mine. I am about half way to level one on the mine development but have never been inside the mine. all I get is the traffic controller sending me back to sector space. Any thing I should do to actually enter or see my dilithium mine??

peg51b
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The mine needs to be at tier 1 before you can beam down to it.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Would be nice to get fleet tactical consoles
    JtaDmwW.png
  • connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Starfleet intelligence, contact for espionage, and you could add a sickbay/medical research section to star bases. Maybe a separate leveling line, just to give some variety.