test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why can't I change my email address?

kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
I used to have an email account with www.lavabit.com however as you can see by visiting their website, they no longer offer email service anymore.

It sort of happened without any prior notice, and now I have to change all my web accounts without access to my prior account.

On the bright side, all but one of my accounts have been switched over to my new email address. For some reason, STO won't let me change my email, and asked me to put in a support ticket.

What's even weirder, STO asked me if I had access to my old account. Why does that even matter? No other website, not Paypal, not Fidelity, not even my bank, required me to have access to my old email to change it to a new one. Why does STO need to know that?

The question pretty much amounts to: "Are you completely screwed?" and to be honest I'm a little scared that you asked me that, because you would only ask that if you planned on TRIBBLE me over too.

I hope my ticket goes through.
Post edited by kamiyama317 on

Comments

• Options
    captainjrn1996captainjrn1996 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a similiar issue as my previous account on Gmail was TRIBBLE so I closed it only to realise that STO was still linked to my old account. As for the question of "Do you have access to your old account?" Is because if you do it will ask you to verify the change on your old email which is useless if you have no access to it anymore. I have tried multiple times to change my email addresss. I even tried submitting a support ticket to Cryptic but as usual they have not done a thing about it! It has been 2 weeks now!

:mad: COME ON CRYPTIC HURRY UP AND CHANGE MY EMAIL!!! :mad:
  • Options
    species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i have problem with Arc . Cant change anything without customer support. Im waiting for 5 days to response. My ticket is #140514-000374. Terrible support
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I have closed my "Yahoo" email address due to the hacks and have closed the account and i want to place it under my primary ISP email addy.
  • Options
    pr3mooorejeremyspr3mooorejeremys Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i had a email account registered with my STO account and it was deactivated after it was TRIBBLE. i do not have access to the old account and i have submitted multiple tickets to get this resolved and have not recieved any response on this matter. can someone from cryptic or STO please respond back and please let me know? send the message through arc if you need to but this is really important as i was trying to acquire a lifetime membership under the current offer. there is no customer service number nor any other way to get help. PLEASE HELP!