test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back 1st person shooter.

timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I know it's a long shot, but if I were to throw in a request at all, it would be for the triumphant return of the 1st person shooter option. I can't seem to get used to 3rd person view to attack enemies. It's simply distracting. A lot of games are 1st person shooter mode and the ground combat in Star Trek Online was really fun when it was an option. I understand not everybody uses 1st person shooter mode, but a lot of us do. Not sure why it was taken out to begin with. You should be looking to add options and content instead of taking away popular ones.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
To Infinity be with you and beyond!
Post edited by timalcoser on

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i would love it, but it's more than unlikely it ever will happen in here :(
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Press "b" to toggle between "rp mode" or "shooter" mode.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Press "b" to toggle between "rp mode" or "shooter" mode.

ahh... right :D. personally i don't like it's way. had something in mind like "st elite force". but i guess the op got his answer ;).
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The shooter mode is 3rd person view not as the op requests 1st person
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The shooter mode is 3rd person view not as the op requests 1st person

if that's it the requested mode won't happen. i think i can recall they already did say it won't ever happen :(.
  • Options
    timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes. Pressing "B" keeps you in third person mode, but gives you a type of cross-hair to shoot at enemies as if you were in 1st person...but your not.

I got it from the get-go. It probably won't return. But I wanted to throw it out there. Maybe the CEO/President of CBS will be having breakfast in the morning and accidentally click on these forums and make it happen...

...speaking of longshots.
    To Infinity be with you and beyond!
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Elite Force runs on one of the Quake engines, and even being dated, it's leaps and bounds better than the wonky unresponsive ground gameplay in STO. Even in first person, it mostly sucks.

I also would like a photon launcher, tyvm.