test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phaser, Disruptor, Antiproton set boosts?

seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
6 base energy types for weapons. Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton.

Of these, Plasma, Tetryon, and Polaron have set bonuses pushing their damage just that little bit further than most. (Plasma has another booster besides this, but that's something else entirely).

Do you think there's a chance we'll see set boosts to damage for the other types? It's kinda...awkward, I guess.
Post edited by seitei1 on

Comments

• Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe I've heard this mentioned in relation to the quietly rumoured faction sets... Although I still have no idea where I heard about those. (could have been a dream for all I know :S)

i.e.
    Fed get a Feddy end game set with phaser boosts and special end-game phasers.
    KDF get a KDFy eng game set with disruptor boosts and special end-game disruptors.

As for Antiproton? I could care less, but not much.
    edited August 2013
    +7.6% damage...console-like mod.

It's equivalent to having an additional rare Mk I Tac console. (That's not a typo...Mk I, Mk 1, Mk One.)

Before Weapon Power:
    DHCs - +13.05 DPV / +8.7 DPS
    DCs - +6.525 DPV / +8.7 DPS
    Cannons - +5.025 DPV / +6.7 DPS
    Turrets - +3.375 DPV / +4.5 DPS
    Arrays - +7.5 DPV / + 6.0 DPS
    Banks - +9.75 DPV / +7.8 DPS

@125 Weapon Power:
    DHCs - +32.625 DPV / +21.75 DPS
    DCs - +16.3125 DPV / +21.75 DPS
    Cannons - +12.5625 DPV / +16.75 DPS
    Turrets - +8.4375 DPV / +11.25 DPS
    Arrays - +18.75 DPV / +15 DPS
    Banks - +24.375 DPV / +19.5 DPS

@125 Weapon Power, Ignoring Drain, +25% APO3, +50% APA3, +25% Ambush, +100% Crit Severity[:/U]
    DHCs - +143.55 DPV / +95.7 DPS (DHCs have +10% Crit Severity)
    DCs - +65.25 DPV / +87 DPS
    Cannons - +50.25 DPV / +67 DPS
    Turrets - +33.75 DPV / +45 DPS
    Arrays - +75 DPV / +60 DPS
    Banks - +97.5 DPV / +78 DPS

So, ignoring drain - somebody with 4x DHCs fore and 3x Turrets aft with the +7.6% would do the following compared to the person without:

@125 Weapon Power: +159.8125 DPV / +120.75 DPS
    @125 Weapon Power, +25% APO3, +50% APA3, +25% Ambush, +100% Crit Severity: +675.45 DPV / +517.8 DPS
    (DHCs have +10% Crit Severity)

The +25% for Torps from KHG on the other hand, is equivalent to a Mk 14.5 Warhead console. If the Tet, Pol, Plas followed the same math (generics do ~67% of specifics) - they'd be +37.5% instead of +7.6%. If that were the case, then yeah...think lots of folks would be pushing for AP, Phaser, Disruptor sets. It's not though...it's just the +7.6%...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    similon wrote: »
    I believe I've heard this mentioned in relation to the quietly rumoured faction sets... Although I still have no idea where I heard about those. (could have been a dream for all I know :S)

i.e.
    Fed get a Feddy end game set with phaser boosts and special end-game phasers.
    KDF get a KDFy eng game set with disruptor boosts and special end-game disruptors.

As for Antiproton? I could care less, but not much.

I think I remember that, wasn't that in regard to some Neutral Zone or Warzone type of rep thing they'd mentioned? A means for Feds to get Fed Rep and KDF to get KDF Rep? So it would be something akin to the Rom sets.

As for AP, there are still rumors about what's going on with the Undine - there could be a set related to the Undine for AP.

Tada, rumors cover the remaining three, right? :)

edit: The weapons for Rom, Fed, and KDF already exist - though, spread out between Rep and Fleet. Tet's over in Rep as well.

Hrmm, what are we sporting out there...

Phaser
    Phaser
    Retrofit Phaser
    Andorian Phaser
    Elite Fleet Phaser

Disruptor
    Disruptor
    Plasma Hybrid Disruptor
    Polarized Disruptor
    Spiral Wave Disruptor
    Nanite Disruptor
    Elite Fleet Disruptor

Plasma
    Plasma
    Romulan Plasma
    Caustic Plasma

Antiproton
    Antiproton

Tetryon
    Tetryon
    Piercing Tetryon
    Phased Tetryon
    Polarized Tetryon
    Refracting Tetryon

Polaron
    Polaron
    Phased Polaron
    Dominion Polaron

edit2: Feel like I'm missing some, can't remember - need more caffeine...meh.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You always need mote caffeine vd
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree