test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen absolute zero and Borg space sets

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
I upgraded my Jem hadar MK XI to MK XII with lobi's and was wondering if there was a way to upgrade my Breen Absolute zero and Borg space sets from MK XI to MK XII ?
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Breen, no.

Borg, you can't upgrade it, but you can get a new Mark XII set from the Omega Rep Tier 5. But it costs a lot of marks and dilithium.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yea, that's too much. Guess i'll keep things like they are.Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would not be surprised if sometime in the future they made a Deferi/Breen lockbox, and then they would add in a breen set upgrade in the lobi store. They will never do that for the borg, as a mk xii already exists. Now if we can only convince them to boost the Aegis shields life would be good for crafters in the meantime of waiting for a decent crafting system.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The difference on the Borg set from XI to XII isn't terribly big. Then engine, I think, is completely the same. You're probably fine. Ideally you'd have just held off and gotten the XII in the first place, but since you already invested in XI it's probably not worth it to do XII from scratch.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The difference on the Borg set from XI to XII isn't terribly big. Then engine, I think, is completely the same. You're probably fine. Ideally you'd have just held off and gotten the XII in the first place, but since you already invested in XI it's probably not worth it to do XII from scratch.

I got the Borg XI set from completing missions before the xii set existed, When it included the assimulated mod as a 4 piece set.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It probably isn't worth it once you have MK 11. It would be neat if they made having the previous set mandatory mats in crafting the higher level variant, but dramatically reduced the dil/mark/exp cost to compensate. That way you could enjoy some version of the set early on and work up to the 12's for a reasonable price once you reach the required rep level. Such as it is, if you want to be "optimal" and have minimal resource waste, they kind of force you to delay gratification for months, then give you mk 12 everything all at once.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have another question kinda along the same lines. I got the Omega MK X impulse and deflector before they switched to that new reputation that's been collecting dust. Is it worth getting the matching MK X shield? I don't see the point since I have the Reman and Jem Hadar MK XII sets. I have no Omega or Maco MK XI or XII equipment.