test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan boff training

madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I got a reman tactical officer from hitting level 45. I want to train him in bo3. I bought a blue nausicaan tac officer off the exchange with bo3. When I click on him I don't get the train up option just join now or wait. I am a kdf aligned reman engineer if that makes a difference. Also level 50 now. Any help would be wonderful.
Post edited by madmopar on

Comments

• bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you have any KDF officers on your bridge crew? If not buy a cheep one and make him an officer and see if that helps. The officer training is bugged. I don't get the option to train when I first get an officer but otherwise I believe I have the option. But I think from other threads it seems you have to have a KDF officer first.

So you are not doing anything wrong. Its just bugged. If the above does not work, when I get home I'll see if I can figure it out.
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sadly the only (current) way you can train your romulan or reman bridge officers is with another romulan/reman officer. So you'll have to do some more shopping on the exchange (and it probably won't be cheap either).
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you have any KDF officers on your bridge crew? If not buy a cheep one and make him an officer and see if that helps. The officer training is bugged. I don't get the option to train when I first get an officer but otherwise I believe I have the option. But I think from other threads it seems you have to have a KDF officer first.

So you are not doing anything wrong. Its just bugged. If the above does not work, when I get home I'll see if I can figure it out.

I did this on my fed-rom and it works perfectly
    syndonai wrote: »
    Sadly the only (current) way you can train your romulan or reman bridge officers is with another romulan/reman officer. So you'll have to do some more shopping on the exchange (and it probably won't be cheap either).

Read above quote from "bhthephoenix"
    ogew7.jpg
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    syndonai wrote: »

I tried that but it didn't work until I completely filled my roster up. Once I had no more room it let me train up using the bridge officer I purchased. Thanks.
    edited July 2013
    madmopar wrote: »
    I tried that but it didn't work until I completely filled my roster up. Once I had no more room it let me train up using the bridge officer I purchased. Thanks.

At least you finally got it to work, despite the headache that I'm sure accompanied it. I really think Romulans should join KDF for PVP AND PVE events but otherwise they really should have gone with Romulans, Remans, and maybe another race and forgot about linking them to either group. Its nice to be able to have a larger selection but it seems its just causing more problems.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At least you finally got it to work, despite the headache that I'm sure accompanied it. I really think Romulans should join KDF for PVP AND PVE events but otherwise they really should have gone with Romulans, Remans, and maybe another race and forgot about linking them to either group. Its nice to be able to have a larger selection but it seems its just causing more problems.

Ya that would have been the best idea. Could have stayed with the more traditional romulan empire that way. They made the tal shiar so interesting with how they were experimenting with a bunch of other races technology.
    edited July 2013
    It would have been nice to have been a part of the Tal Shiar. Maybe they could gone with a Fed affiliated Republic and have the KDF affiliated Tal Shiar. Would have required more episodes but would have been cool.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would have been nice to have been a part of the Tal Shiar. Maybe they could gone with a Fed affiliated Republic and have the KDF affiliated Tal Shiar. Would have required more episodes but would have been cool.

I would have liked the option to be a Tal Shiar spy. Be aligned with the Tal Shiar, but in all other ways PRETEND to be a member of the republic and ally with klingons and feds. Just get some altered dialog now and again where a "rescued" NPC is actually handed off to operatives, and technology is copied/stolen/sabotaged as appropriate.

That would have been awesome and not required much of anything but a little extra dialog.