test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Wide Expertise Pooling

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Reputation System
One of my biggest issue with the rep system, which has become a pressing thing now due to making new romulan characters, is the expertise requirements.

1 Rep system will cost approximately 500k expertise per character.

There are very few ways to reasonably attain this amount of expertise through normal play, playing the actual missions and content you would be doing for rep systems.

Instead, one must specifically farm other content for this expertise requirement: Mirror Universe Incursion.

Something that would alleviate this, would be the ability to pool expertise as an account wide resource.

I have multiple older characters that have millions of expertise, and I have new characters that barely ever scrape together more than 500k.

The other solution would be to simply add larger and better expertise/skill bonuses for the missions we actually do to generate marks (STFs, Crystalline Entity, Azure Nebula, Tau Dewa Dailies, Etc.)
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One of my biggest issue with the rep system, which has become a pressing thing now due to making new romulan characters, is the expertise requirements.

1 Rep system will cost approximately 500k expertise per character.

There are very few ways to reasonably attain this amount of expertise through normal play, playing the actual missions and content you would be doing for rep systems.

Instead, one must specifically farm other content for this expertise requirement: Mirror Universe Incursion.

Something that would alleviate this, would be the ability to pool expertise as an account wide resource.

I have multiple older characters that have millions of expertise, and I have new characters that barely ever scrape together more than 500k.

The other solution would be to simply add larger and better expertise/skill bonuses for the missions we actually do to generate marks (STFs, Crystalline Entity, Azure Nebula, Tau Dewa Dailies, Etc.)

I completely agree. If expertise is now a commodity that you can dump into projects to get better stuff, there is no reason why it can't be traded between characters on the same account.

"expertise is now a commodity" makes me laugh. "I'd like to pay for tonight's dinner... with EXPERTISE!"
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!