test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage Dispute removed from the game?

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
Well, since recent patches have failed to return computer core drops to enemies during the Alhena refueling station defense mission, this mission (requiring 10 computer core drops to access) which rewarded 1440 dilithium upon completion has been "quietly" removed from the game.

Any word as to why? Is this a repeat of the Season 7 dilithium fiasco? Removing sources of dilithium that isn't mentioned in patch notes or are just sudden with no reason stated? Are more stealth nerfs to the game in this fashion being planned?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a bug - if we were going to remove a mission from the game, we'd just remove it, not try to sneak it past you. I'll forward the issue to QA. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a bug - if we were going to remove a mission from the game, we'd just remove it, not try to sneak it past you. I'll forward the issue to QA. :)

Good to hear that the mission being gone is only a bug.

Also good to see a dev post in general.

Now for the second part of the post.

"we'd just remove it, not try to sneak it past you."

What exactly does that mean?

Do you plan on giving ample warning on changes now?

Are you guys no longer stealth nerfing/changing things?

Or is this just something that wouldn't get stealth nerfed?
    pvp = small package
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What, like the mail nerf? ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

"we'd just remove it, not try to sneak it past you."

What exactly does that mean?

Are you guys no longer stealth nerfing/changing things?

It means they would include it in the patch notes, nothing more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »

KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While you guys are looking into that little bug, is it possible to get the deuterium tanks to stack to more than 5, say 20?

M'Kay, thanks bai
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

Snap! :P

/10 char
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Snap! :P

/10 char

Heh, who says lightning can't strike twice in the same place.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kind of pointless to pass this by QA since...

WE NO LONGER GET CORE FRAGMENT DROPS IN "DEFENSE CONTRACT"

Maybe you should run that by QA first, hmmmmm? :cool:

(sound of phaser on stun in background)

Thanks for posting adjudicatorhawk and sorry for the preceding outburst (done by my transporter duplicate, he has been subdued). Any info you can give us on this issue will be greatly appreciated. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »

Considering there was an entire thread that focused on stealth nerfs, the patch notes are obviously not complete.
    pvp = small package
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013

well before i quit the game shortly after lor, this had been broken for a while.. and yes, i did send bug tickets and what not.. but as per the usual, nothing was done.. public outburst is what happens when a company, sits on a problem that is aknown problem for a while, and does nothing, says nothing, and ignores the plees of the clientel..
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What ever happened with the Deep Space Nine Fleet Action or the Starbase 24 ground mission?
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What ever happened with the Deep Space Nine Fleet Action or the Starbase 24 ground mission?

They got rid of those many moons ago, along with the Fluidic Space mission.

With regard to the OP. I thought they got rid of this mission at the start of S7 deliberately as they effectively turned it into a Romulan Campaign mission.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    They got rid of those many moons ago, along with the Fluidic Space mission.

With regard to the OP. I thought they got rid of this mission at the start of S7 deliberately as they effectively turned it into a Romulan Campaign mission.

Exactly. And as I recall there was no mention of their removal (ie snuck past us). I forgot about the Fluidic Space mission as well, thanks.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Exactly. And as I recall there was no mention of their removal (ie snuck past us). I forgot about the Fluidic Space mission as well, thanks.

Of course they would never do such a thing.

There is always the picard maneuver of STO development:

Keep posting about the progress to fix something (cloak) in the EP's engineering reports. Once your team internally admitted defeat label it WAI and quietly stop the pretense.

• unknownmccloudunknownmccloud Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I hate to be a pessimist about this...oh ok , I actually thoroughly enjoy it...BUT...the last week or so I too have noticed no core drops from the Alhena mission and the Salvage dispute mission is gone for me too...and I have 4 and half stacks of these things, I greatly miss the dilithium...but as far as whether they would remove that from the game and not sneak it by us...well...to that I offer you a saying of Oma Desala: If you immediately know candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago..
  • malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been tracking this problem and just wanted to note that this is still a problem.:mad:
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I have also noticed that the enemies no longer drop the items required for the mission. So it is some sort of new problem.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Well, since recent patches have failed to return computer core drops to enemies during the Alhena refueling station defense mission, this mission (requiring 10 computer core drops to access) which rewarded 1440 dilithium upon completion has been "quietly" removed from the game.

Any word as to why? Is this a repeat of the Season 7 dilithium fiasco? Removing sources of dilithium that isn't mentioned in patch notes or are just sudden with no reason stated? Are more stealth nerfs to the game in this fashion being planned?

For me this mission disappeared with the launch of LoR. The cores I had in my inventory at the time (9) also vanished. I didn't think anything of it. I was just going on the information in the Terms of Use that PWE / Cryptic reserve the right to alter / amend / delete game content with or without prior notice.

As it turns out now that this could be a bug with the mission I am somewhat annoyed to learn of this now.

I seriously thought it had been removed due to the introduction of Nimbus. But obviously not.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seems the expansion broke a lot of things in game that the devs are not fixing. here it is august and still no signs of them fixing the missions.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013

All he said is that they would just remove it. I'm sure they'd show it in the patch notes, which is as much notice as anyone really needs.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I noticed they do a lot of things and don't tell people even in patch notes. the bran flakes and devs are lacking in communication skills. not that bran flakes is lacking in telling us I don't think they are telling him enough.
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I noticed they do a lot of things and don't tell people even in patch notes. the bran flakes and devs are lacking in communication skills. not that bran flakes is lacking in telling us I don't think they are telling him enough.

10rgr that my friend.. there is a lot they do that never shows in the "patch notes".. maybe its time for a "change log" eh?
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still broken....

Is it that big an issue? Seems like simple math really. A switch or something that got turned off.

I have to say though I feel like I'm getting less drops in general on this mission. I mean not just the Core Frags, but anything. Has anyone else felt like there are just less drops?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Any update?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Necro-thread are just everywhere lately... it's gotta be Halloween...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Any update?

with 300 something post you should know better than to post to the dead!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Necro-thread are just everywhere lately... it's gotta be Halloween...

It has just been confirmed, the fix is planned to be included in season 42!

Nothing to see here people.. move on.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah its good to no its only a bug.

Besides I don't think the Cryptic team would sneak something like that past us, LOL.!. No Way.

Quote Owner
    "This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No salvage 1200 dill, no big dig dill, etc of course these are bugs and will be fixed in time at some point, no its not a stealth dill income nerf. The most popular single foundary missions, be they grinders or not ie, BoBo the community likes them, no dill.....

Ahh but you can buy your new ship with zen if you want.....:confused:
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.