test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting -,-

atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
So I know people have talked a lot about this but I want to put in my 2 cents, short and simple.

Crafting needs a REAL revamp, and FAST. It needs to take less time, suck less, and be a LOT more clear and to make more sense, and to not be stupidly locked up at memory alpha.

That's all, thanks.
Post edited by atticusmas on

Comments

• vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe a revamp was mentioned pre-LoR but with so much to fix from that, its sorta off the menu.

But yeah, I agree. So far the best krafting system I've played with is in a game kalled NeoCron. You kould build a market off their system, worked fairly well. It had Blue Prints which kould be researched and kopied. Certain parts #s for each, like WeaponPart 5, WeaponPart 8.. so on. Your skill effected the quality of the item. You also had the chance to build a weapon with slots.. in those slots you kould mod more dmg, better aim.. alt weapon dmg/ammo type.

This game has the kore of that, its just made to simple for now.

-V
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eve online crafting produce like 95% of items player use on everyday base. whole economy driven completely by players.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's been years since they said the crafting was going to be revamped. They said they wanted to add kits revamp in the process, and makes the player choose which skill he wanted on his kit (IE overwatch and lunge for example).
    On the latest interview, they want to "scrap the existing system" (here, in the very end).

I think it will come sooner or later, they were busy with LOR, they will probably be busy revamping the Fed low level (they said it many times since lor, the Fed beginning/tutorial feel dated, and they want to do something on the level of the Romulan/KDF beginning). But then, or in the meantime of a fed storyline revamp, they will probably start working on the crafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]