What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 9, 2013

2»

Comments

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So, has anyone that lost mail on tribble gotten their items back yet ? Bran says holodeck and tribble mail are shard seperated, so only lost tribble attachments will be returned on the test server.

I saw what Bran posted, but my mail on Tribble contains returned items that didn't sell on the exchange on Holodeck (that were in my mail when I copied the character over). Even if it only copied over exchange returned items, I'm *fairly* certain I had at least a few datachips returned from the exchange that were earlier dates than what I have in the mail now.

I have never mailed myself items on Tribble, so can't really verify if it did anything for that portion.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mail is not shared between servers. Otherwise you would be able to copy characters to Tribble, mail items to yourself, then claim them on Holodeck thus duplicating them.

So the only way to get items back on Tribble that were lost in the mail, you had to have had them in your mail on Tribble. You'll have to wait until the fix goes live to see if you get them returned on Holodeck.

Some time after posting this I realized I was an idiot........I mean........I remembered that during LoR beta testing I was getting exchange mail on Tribble server notifying me that something on Holodeck was sold and I could delete the messages. I felt like I misinformed people. I didn't edit my post because there were already a lot of posts afterwards when I remembered and figured nobody would see it. :o

But then I saw this post today.......
    Mail is separated by shard now (e.g. Holodeck, Tribble), so you shouldn't see your (new) Holodeck mail on Tribble, and vice versa. I think that seems to be what is causing the confusion with those looking on Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

.....And realized I'M FREAKING PSYCHIC! :eek:
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fairly sure they put that in because of Neverwinter. All the mail notices from STO were showing up there and all the mail from there were showing up in STO. I still have a mail in my STO box saying that I sold an item on the Auciton House for x Astral Diamonds.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well the items lost in the mail were returned. What a mess. :(

They were returned in mailed from "Lost and Found" with a subject of the first item in the mail followed by (With x more). The contents of the mail "Attached items that were mailed and then lost have been returned."

All of the sorting and descriptions are lost. I had titled the mails based on content followed by the body of the mail with further descriptions. For Boffs the body had a list of all the powers and traits of the boffs contained in the mail. All of that is gone.

Looks like i get to spend the next several weeks trying to figure out what all of the mails contain and then sort them away again. Guess I get to make some mule accounts just so I can mail them somewhere while dealing with them. I also lost all of the fleet communication and discussions I have had with various people.

I appreciate having the items returned but what a mess.