test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage meters ok to use?

trivan1trivan1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've poked around a few places on the forums/ingame and have received conflicting information.

Are addons, specifically damage meters acceptable to use in STO, or is there a risk of receiving account action for using them?

Mind you, I really don't care about the dps of others, I'm only looking to find a way for me to evaluate various builds/weapon layouts without having to painstakingly calculate things myself.
Post edited by trivan1 on

Comments

• aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    the ones that parse the log file are 100% legal to use.. they dont change any game files or interact with the game in any way..

you dont even really have to run the game while using them.. you can log missions, then run the program.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can try to look for "Advanced Combat Tracker".

That is a program which can read the combatlog which is actually created by STO itself (/combatlog 1).

This "ACT" can actually be used on loads of MMO's and is usable to either check your Dmg, dps or heals. If you want you can even look at a more detailed level (how much % did cannon 1 did and how much cannon 2).

Edit: i almost forgot! Since this program is only usable to analyse STO's output (instead of changing), it's not considered a cheat or whatever. If you actually have two screens, you can see the avg DPS in realtime changing.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • trivan1trivan1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks both of you!