test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this the 1k day vet ship for Rommies???

nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Original post is here for the Massively interview wilth Captain Geko

At the end he hints to the photo's information coming next week.

Is this the vet reward ship?
xromvet001-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.29bjQmzTCO.jpg

and captain's yacht?

xromulanvetshuttlejarok-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.20oJSBRBVl.jpg
Post edited by nxclass13 on

Comments

• Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe. Very interesting :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh great.. Didnt i just read five or six pages of posts about how lousy the rep system is and this giy LIKEs it?? I dont know if those are the ships your looking for, but from all appearances, things are only going to get worse for sto players.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The second image is the Romulan Scoutship... a bit large to substitute for the Captain's Yacht. It's probably roughly T'varo-sized.

But that first image, I bet is indeed the veteran ship.
  • Options
    jedispartan4845jedispartan4845 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you go to the article, right click and grab the url and put it in, it calls the first link the Romulan Vet Ship, the others are Vet Shuttles.

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/07/xromvet001-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.29bjQmzTCO.jpg

Romvet001
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From the positioning of the windows, it's only one deck, possibly two in the wings. More Tal'kyr size than T'varo.

Edit: Also, in TNG these were being shown flown by a single pilot, or conducting normal operations with two.
  • Options
    msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like, looks really nice, like a Mogai/T'varo hybrid.

And the scout ship as our captain's yacht is quite cool, though I have my doubts about that bit.
  • Options
    nxclass13nxclass13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you go to the article, right click and grab the url and put it in, it calls the first link the Romulan Vet Ship, the others are Vet Shuttles.

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/07/xromvet001-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.29bjQmzTCO.jpg

Romvet001

wow...I didn't even see that!

Good eye sir. :)
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nxclass13 wrote: »
    Original post is here for the Massively interview wilth Captain Geko

At the end he hints to the photo's information coming next week.

Is this the vet reward ship?
    xromvet001-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.29bjQmzTCO.jpg

and captain's yacht?

xromulanvetshuttlejarok-resized.jpg.pagespeed.ic.20oJSBRBVl.jpg

That had damn well not be the captains yacht. That's a Romulan Scout ship and it should be available to more than just 400+'ers.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    That had damn well not be the captains yacht. That's a Romulan Scout ship and it should be available to more than just 400+'ers.

You can have it, it's ugly as sin. I'd take the second one as a shuttle though.

Also, the bridge image is labeled as Suliban Bridge. But I think that's already available in a lock box, so no surprises there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, the bridge image is labeled as Suliban Bridge. But I think that's already available in a lock box, so no surprises there.

It's the bridge of the new Suliban Cell Ship (similar in function to a Tuffli), a rare drop from the new survivor doff cadres.
    Hmmm, that possible vet ship looks cool. Wonder how it would transform like the KDF/Fed versions....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's... it's like a Mogai, T'varo, Scout Ship, and the physical embodiment of awesome all got together and had a freaky Andorian foursome, and that was the baby.

I want. Geif nao.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm, that possible vet ship looks cool. Wonder how it would transform like the KDF/Fed versions....

I'm guessing it's like the KDF but but not as much of an eyesore. There's a lot of space on the top of the hull between the wings, right behind the neck is a long rectangular bit going up to the raised bit towards the back, my guess is that hides the tac mode bit that pops up.
    The Romulan Scout Ship and Science Ship (both canon) are twice the size of a captain's yacht and a runabout. However, the video game series, Armada, tend to make the ship the size of the mission scout from Insurrection (roughly the size of a runabout)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

like this.................................
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sleek and sexy. Must have.

Now.
    :P
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Romulan Scout ship would make sense to release either as a c-store shuttle or a Captain's Yacht. I am thinking that it will be the Captain's Yacht because it is one of only three canon Romulan shuttlecraft/runabout vessels (the others being the Romulan shuttle available for EC and the Reman Scorpian available from the c-store) and it would make the perfect gift to loyal fans of the show but is unlikely to generate much c-store cash.

The other canon ship shown is a Romulan Science Vessel and would be the final canon Romulan ship that remains unreleased. Hopefully it will be something like an Intrepid with Battle Cloak and will come in both c-store and fleet store varieties. It would be enough to get me to create a Romulan Science character. I also hope it will be in the c-store with a fleet version rather than something like the Ambassador where there is one shot at a free version and then you have to pay $20 US per character to buy it from the fleet store if you want one down the road.

Hopefully, one day all the canon ships (even the hideously ugly and patently ridiculous) will be in the game in one form or another, especially the KDF and Federation ships that are missing.

As for the Vet ship, the nacelles look like they might be able to separate, but I am uncertain. It might be the vet ship. The "transformer" aspect looks like it could be a surprise if it indeed is our reward. It also looks much less hideous than the KDF and especially the Federation version of the destroyer.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    like this.................................

No! I don't want anything that Michael Bay has touched to come even a mile away from Star Trek. We've already inherited an abused franchise! Enough is enough!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The second image is the Romulan Scoutship... a bit large to substitute for the Captain's Yacht. It's probably roughly T'varo-sized.

But that first image, I bet is indeed the veteran ship.

Why should the Romulan Scout be T'varo sized?
    The T'varo has two visible rows of windows in the bridge section alone.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.eu/www/e5/ac/e5ac3d848502e6eca12254cfda0fd6321366352143.jpg

If the scout were as large as the T'varo then the three windows would be the size of the heads at Mount Rushmore.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050128184103/memoryalpha/en/images/9/98/Romulan_scout_ship.jpg

*EDIT: if that's the Vet Destroyer...then I love it. And if it's a hint at the future Style of Romulan ships...then I'll love those too*
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The first one in that article is the Romulan Science Vessel which is a canon ship and probably rather good news for RRW science fans. Whether it will be C-store, boxed or free remains to be seen...

The second one is almost certainly the vet ship.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The first one in that article is the Romulan Science Vessel which is a canon ship and probably rather good news for RRW science fans. Whether it will be C-store, boxed or free remains to be seen...

Not quite: the first is the scout and the second is the science ship. They have different front and rear parts.
    Those are two different ships even though they recycled parts from the scout ("The Defector") for the science ship in "The Next Phase".
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Not quite: the first is the scout and the second is the science ship. They have different front and rear parts.
    Those are two different ships even though they recycled parts from the scout ("The Defector") for the science ship in "The Next Phase".

Keen eye. How big are these ships relative to each other? Perhaps the scout ship is simply an alternative skin for the science vessel.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If that is the 1K vet ship, then that is a sexy looking beast :D
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I'd love to have a Romulan Science Vessel, I doubt it's gonna be this one, because both Pics are named "xromulanvetshuttletalon" and "xromulanvetshuttlejarok"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Keen eye. How big are these ships relative to each other? Perhaps the scout ship is simply an alternative skin for the science vessel.

Thanks and you raise a good question, but I don't think there's a definitive answer.
    We know from "The Next Phase" that after they Romulan ship was damaged by the engine core explosion that there were at least seventy-three people stuck outisde engieneering, plus the people inside engineering itself...I think. The dialogue is a bit unclear there.

WORF: Commander. Emergency bulkheads have sealed this section off from the rest of the ship. There is no way to gain access to the main Bridge or control centres.
    RIKER: Survivors?
    WORF: Readings indicate at least seventy three Romulans are still alive.
    VAREL: Seventy three.

But we don't know how big the regular compliment is so something around eighty is probably the lower limit. The Klingon Bird of Prey has a wartime compliment about half of that and a length of 110-135 meters depending on what source you use.
    So realistically the Science ship should pretty much dwarf the scout.:cool:

If they don't make those two different craft with different characteristics *EDIT:and sizes* I'll be very sad.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get a Romulan sci ship at some point, but ship in the blog that LOOKS a little like the Romulan sci ship is a vet shuttle. It says so in the pciture URL's, as I noted in my post previous to this one.

Yup, it certainly looks that way given the image names.:(
    Thank you.:)

Does that mean the Romulans get two different Vet shuttles?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm happt to see the scout schip/science ship model in regardless of what ship it is. ideally one will be a shuttle/captain yacht and the other a full blown tier 5 science.

the other ship which i imagine is the vet ship, is very beautiful. i look forward to that.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks to me like the Vet Destroyer is a sister class of the Mogai, smaller, more compact and resilient.

There is a clear line between the main hull and the wings. If I'd had to guess, I'd say the wings extend to reveal the lotus array which will almost certainly be plasma based.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    According to the URL link one can see when right-clicks and selects 'properties', they are, as I noted in earlier posts, indeed shuttles and the one that has a similar image to the Romulan sci vessel from TNG is listed as "xromulanvetshuttlejarok" at the end of it's URL.

Interesting that they would name the ship after Admiral Jarok. In the eyes of the Star Empire he was a traitor, but would the hippy Republic consider him a martyr for peace?
    EnYn9p9.jpg