test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maco Type 3 Costume

talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Reputation System
I unlocked Tier 5 Task Force Omega reputation today, and unlocked Maco Type 2 and Type 3 costumes, but for unknown reason, I can not find in the Tailor the option to use the helmet.

After searching a bit on youtube I found various videos showing where to find it in the Tailor (even if it is using the old editor), but no luck again as it doesn't shows up.

Some friend of mine said the helmet was restricted to several species, but as a Betazoid, shouldn't I have access to it ?

I unlocked the Type 1 before the introduction of the Reputation system, and I unlocked the accolades "MACO Team Commander" "MACO Commando" "MACO Elite Commander".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ajax1983ajax1983 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've had the same problem and never found a solution. I figured it was a bug, but since I don't much care for the alternate helmet, I didn't bother reporting it. On principle it would be nice though to have access to all the options we worked hard to unlock though.

It's also possible we're just doing something wrong. The tailor is not user friendly. I unlocked the Risa Beachcomber outfit and couldn't find the parts for several days, but they were there. Just had to play around with different options.
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As far as I know it's not species restricted but there was a known bug a while back that meant helmet option was not available on maco and honour guard.
    It's normally located under the first tab in head customisation under head type.
    Only way around it if it is bugged is to click show armour on the main character screen.
  • kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pennylong wrote: »
    As far as I know it's not species restricted but there was a known bug a while back that meant helmet option was not available on maco and honour guard.
    It's normally located under the first tab in head customisation under head type.
    Only way around it if it is bugged is to click show armour on the main character screen.

I have this problem with my alien character. I just activate the armor visuals when I want his helmet on. Funnily enough, there aren't any clipping issues.

I didn't even know there was an option to put the helmet on your customized MACO costume. :rolleyes:
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info. I am using an alien also. Finally decided to come to the forums after an hour of trying to find the helmet...lol. I don't have the helmet option on the Maco or the Omega. I unlocked both. I basically have a humanoid character because I just didn't want to be locked into traits. So it is normal human head.

Hopefully they can provide some kind of work around for it other then showing armor. With us having to put a lot of time and money into the rep system and even had to "pay" to unlock the costumes, you would figure they would at least make sure they worked. Better yet just inform those of us that have alien toons that there will be no helmet option. I would have left the marks and dilithium in the bank. Thank goodness I haven't wasted resources unlocking it on my 2 other toons.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wasn't aware of any restriction on being able to use the helmet. I use the MACO helmet on multiple species, including the 'alien' species so I doubt that's the source of your problem.

I'm not trying to insult you in any way, but here's a screenshot of the option in the tailor from one of my characters, just in case you've not been looking in the right area. The option is in the 'Head' section of the tailor. You have to select the standard MACO/OMEGA helmet before you can select the advanced version.

www.holo-federation.com/downloads2/standardhelm.jpg

Then select

www.holo-federation.com/downloads2/advancedhelm.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2013
    My Main is an alien character and I've never had any problems with MACO helmets.
    Then again, I've had him for 2 years and I got the Mk XII set in the days of prototype tech.

It might be a bug with newer characters, I don't know.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too had the problem of being unable to access the helmet option, for the OMEGA/MACO costumes, mk XII each, until a few days ago, I completed a Hive Ground Elite run, with my Fleet, with the optional achieved. (With 30 seconds to spare in fact.)

Saying this, I then looked in the head options, in the tailor, and suddenly found it as an option, for a head option choice. Saying this, it seriously looks like, even if there is no direct evidence or accolade to support it, that you 'will' likely need this said optional, for the helmets.

And as for race choices, or problems of whatnot, there shouldn't be one. The helmet artwork, looks completely separate, from any other head options, in the category section, as choosing it, ends up causing a contraction of normal head options, down to only three sections to work with, on selection of either helmet type.

Hope this helps.