test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nukara Tier 5 Ability does not work

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is what it is suppose to do Per discription:

PBAoE Chain Tetryon Damage

Release a cascading burst of Tetryon energy from your Deflector Dish at foes within 3km. The Tetryon Cascade will refract from initial targets to other nearby targets, dealing less damage with each jump. The Refracting Tetryon Cascade can jump to 2 additional targets. The charge can only jump 5km to the next target.
WARNING: If the targets sensors are scrambled or otherwise confused when it is hit with the Tetryon Cascade, the charge may bounce back to you or your allies.
Affects Foe (5 max)
61.2 Tetryon Damage (0.34 DPS) to nearby targets
30.6 Tetryon Damage to 2nd target in chain
24.5 Tetryon Damage to 3rd target in chain

I tested this in a private 1 vs 1 match and when selecting my target and activating the ability nothing happens, I then fire all weapons and only a standard attack happens. There is no visual evidence or combat log evidence that this ability is fireing.

The Space set ability: Unstable Tetryon Lattice

10 KM range, 3 min recharge
to target: 5,292.7 Tetryon Damage
5,292.7 Tetryon damage to foes within 5 KM of target
shuts down weapon stabilizers for 60 seconds.

This ability also does not work at all. The Icon is available but when activated it does nothing and does no damage to any targets. (I tested this in a Starbase alert mission)

Not cool after having to grind for all these Nukara marks that are much, much harder to come by than any of the other marks only to have the abilities you worked for not work at all.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• neithuneithu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PBAoE Chain means it has no target, it hits everyone around you. But it's only 2km range or so.
    And believe me it works.
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can attest to the T5 rep ability cascade working as well. You must be very close to the enemy to hit them, but it will then arc away from any enemies to hit further ones. A fleetmate has used it in STFs, and the same person also killed me with it in PVP.

Interestingly enough, it works like the Isometric charge, but backwards. Instead of a targetted chain ending in an AOE, it is AOE that chains to other targets afterwards.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a visual for this ability? All I see happen when I click the ability is the cooldown time on the Icon starts. I have tried to use them both several times and see nothing happening.
  • neithuneithu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Animation is standard tetryon beam scaled with size of ship it hits.
    But only if you actualy hit anything. Again, its only 2km range or so.