test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can the Reman Nemisis Uniform be available for Alien gens?

robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
I have an alien gen character who is made to look like me in a Scimitar. i would like him to have the ability to wear the Remen Nemesis uniform so I could make my alien gen character a Shinzon version of myself.

The alien gen already has access to the romulan TOS outfit (minus the helmet), so I think its fair for them to have the remen outfit too.
Post edited by robertuso on

Comments

• robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no love for the shinzon look? :(
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    robertuso wrote: »
    I have an alien gen character who is made to look like me in a Scimitar. i would like him to have the ability to wear the Remen Nemesis uniform so I could make my alien gen character a Shinzon version of myself.

The alien gen already has access to the romulan TOS outfit (minus the helmet), so I think its fair for them to have the remen outfit too.

The Reman uniform options are only for remans even romulans are unable to select them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    The Reman uniform options are only for remans even romulans are unable to select them.

I know, but both reman and aliens can wear the romulan uniforms, so why cant they do it by letting romulans and aliens wear reman uniforms when that specific uniform was never limited to just remans in canon.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Id like to see the uniform that Obisek and his gang wear, cape included ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    I know, but both reman and aliens can wear the romulan uniforms, so why cant they do it by letting romulans and aliens wear reman uniforms when that specific uniform was never limited to just remans in canon.

Probably because when you look a the Reman uniform option it's called Reman neutral, Reman nemesis, etc.... Frankly its probably so people new to the game without T5 rom rep would buy the 1000 zen Reman species unlock instead of waiting to get a toon to max level in Romulan rep for the free unlock. That said... I think they should allow players who have the Remans unlocked to use the Reman specific uniform options on their alt Romulans and Romulan Alien-gen chars, it might inspire new players to spend the zen if they saw how cool the uniform looked, but maybe it will be allowed at a later time. ;)

I imagine they are saving that look as either a veteran reward unlock like the KDF shoulder armor and capes, or as part of the Romulan specific STF ground set that has been hinted at....only time will tell but they have a lot of bug fixes to work on atm namely the bridge officer thinks he's a starship :P and boff stations being empty when you transition in maps or sector travel along with trying to add new content for us without breaking anything else.

Good Hunting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

That cape would be nice :)
    Probably because when you look a the Reman uniform option it's called Reman neutral, Reman nemesis, etc.... Frankly its probably so people new to the game without T5 rom rep would buy the 1000 zen Reman species unlock instead of waiting to get a toon to max level in Romulan rep for the free unlock. That said... I think they should allow players who have the Remans unlocked to use the Reman specific uniform options on their alt Romulans and Romulan Alien-gen chars, it might inspire new players to spend the zen if they saw how cool the uniform looked, but maybe it will be allowed at a later time. ;)

Well I cant speak for everyone, but for me, I have not bought the reman uniform since i have only one boff that would be able to wear it. But the second they would allow alien-gen and romulans to wear it, that would be an instant 550 Zen from me :)
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I imagine they are saving that look as either a veteran reward unlock like the KDF shoulder armor and capes, or as part of the Romulan specific STF ground set that has been hinted at....only time will tell but they have a lot of bug fixes to work on atm namely the bridge officer thinks he's a starship :P and boff stations being empty when you transition in maps or sector travel along with trying to add new content for us without breaking anything else.

Good Hunting

I mean for future content; obviously bugs should be the first priority, hopefully they are (Cryptic I'm talking to you) ;):)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Are we going to get any feedback from the Cryptic Dev"s on this?
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That cape would be nice :)

Well I cant speak for everyone, but for me, I have not bought the reman uniform since i have only one boff that would be able to wear it. But the second they would allow alien-gen and romulans to wear it, that would be an instant 550 Zen from me :)

I agree that the Obisek outfit would be nice to have. And yes, if they made the Nemesis uniforms useable by Aliens and Romulans, then people would be more likely to purchase it.
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If they would just allow us to make a Reman "alien" character, we would have access to the Nemesis uniform and max slider options / alien customizations...easy enough fix and I would not mind grinding a new character at all for the specific "Nemesis" look I am after :)
    cmbanner2015.jpg