test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Raise Birds % Doffs Used - Not Logical

lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
I have noticed it in other doff missions that ususally if you use a Purple Doff without the traits required you usually get a higher success % rate than using a Purple Doff with a trait that is required. That doesnt logical that using ones without is better than using ones with.

So here is the testing on the 'Raise Risian Seaspray Fledgling' Doff mission with the available Doff I have on the roster;

The Traits required are;
Success Biologist
Mutation Peaceful and Seductive

Ok so with the following Doffs the Chance of success percentages indicate are;
Noting that this mission cant be failed the optimium would be for a mutation.

Common Doffs
2 x Doffs no traits at all = Success 96% Mutation 4%
1 x Doff 1 trait (Biologist) = Success 97% Mutation 3% (appears Logical progession)
1 x Doff 1 trait (Seductive) = Success 94% Mutation 6% (appears Logical progession)
1 x Doff 2 trait (Biologist, Seductive) = Success 94% Mutation 6% (doesnt appear Logical progession given 1 trait doff gives the same result)
1 x Doff 2 trait (Biologist, Seductive) 1 x Doff 1 trait (Biologist) = Success 95% Mutation 5% So adding a Doff with a trait lowers your mutation chances?

Uncommon Doffs; 2 x Doffs no traits at all = Success 87% Mutation 13%
1 x Doff 1 trait (Biologist) = Success 90% Mutation 10% (appears Logical progession)
1 x Doff 1 trait (Peacefull) = Success 87% Mutation 13% (appears Logical progession)
1 x Doff 1 trait (Peacefull) 1 x Doff 1 trait (Peacefull) = Success 85% Mutation 15%
I did not have biologist with the traits to test the other combinations.

Rare Doffs;I didnt have enough rare biologists with/or without the traits to do a good comaprision although I had enough to show

2 Doffs without the traits = Success 84% Mutation 16%
1 x Doff 1 trait (Biologist) = Success 86% Mutation 14%
So having a Doff with a required trait reduces your critical success rate?

Very Rare Doffs;

2 x Doffs no traits at all = Success 80% Mutation 20%
1 x Doff 1 trait (Biologist) = Success 82% Mutation 18% (reduces your crit chance)
1 x Doff 2 trait (Biologist, Seductive) = Success 81% Mutation 19%
1 x Doff 2 trait (Biologist, Peacefull) 1 x Doff 2 trait (Biologist, Peacefull) = Success 81% Mutation 19% So adding a Doff with a 2 traits is the same as only 1 doff with the 2 traits?

Conclusion:

The the best combination for mutation is 2 Purple Doffs without any traits which gives you a Success 80% and Mutation 20%.

which raise a couple of questions;
why have doffs with requirements - is it so people will buy and spend etc chasing Doffs or is it that cryptic is not very good at math? This is not the only doff mission I have seen where having the traits is not good for critical success.

Why have 'Success' as a requirement when the mission cant be failed?

just food for thought.:o
Post edited by lobstercat on

Comments

• latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Requirements that increase the 'success' rate usually will decrease the crit rate. If you want to increase the chance of a critical success, you need to use a doff that is NOT a biologist, but has the 2 crit traits (peaceful and seductive).
    edited July 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Requirements that increase the 'success' rate usually will decrease the crit rate. If you want to increase the chance of a critical success, you need to use a doff that is NOT a biologist, but has the 2 crit traits (peaceful and seductive).

Yup, this is correct. Adding the second DOff lowered your crit chance because you had already eliminated failure chance and were slotting something that added to success chance. It's just an oddity of how the DOff system was coded, if you wanted to increase your crit chance you would need to slot a non-biologist purple with the crit trait.