test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: How to Help Small Fleets...

ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
The problem with past ideas is that they open the door for exploits by larger fleets...how about this as a suggestion:

Cryptic quietly conducts a census of the current existing fleets with a threshold parameter in place -- that number could be fleets that have less than 20 members active at any one time. They then transfer those fleet names over to a new database -- those fleets would be the new "small fleet" roster.

Then...they implement code into the Holodeck server. The already-recognized small fleets will get a modest discount for the progress they have already made, and the amount needed for current and future projects will be cut in half.

Lastly, that same code also comes with a condition that is monitored for small fleets -- if the active membership exceeds a certain threshold at any point, the small fleet bonus and designation is lost.

New fleets that are created in the future will have -- at inception -- an option to declare itself a small fleet...and will automatically receive that status until they cross the server threshold -- then they lose the small fleet bonus.

This prevents large fleets from exploiting the small fleet bonus...and offers a remedy for small fleets that suddenly have an influx of membership that can carry it past the small fleet designation.
Post edited by ztempest on

Comments

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic will not do this as they don't seem to care about small fleets thats why so many people leave with either the whole game or they join a bigger fleet or not join a fleet.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pharaoh6000pharaoh6000 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unless there's a financial incentive, Cryptic won't bother.

I'm the last remaining member of my fleet, so I know well the pain of Small Fleets. I have too much invested to move to another fleet, and I don't play enough to try to recruit up. I'm stuck in 'small fleet limbo' and have come to realize that the fleet system isn't something I'll be able to be a part of.
    3D Art of my Captain, MYRR TALON
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I really want is a fleet alliance system. Mega fleets are starved for fleet credits since they fill out projects very quickly. Small fleets are starved for resources to build up our holdings. Let the mega fleets dump their resources into our holdings. They get the credits they need and we get the progress on our holdings that we need. Win win.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter