test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Cryptic, can you make these 25-day grind ships an account wide unlock?

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
As with the winter event we get to spend 25 days grinding an event to pick up single-use ship.

The event is simple enough - can we forgo the existing grind in favor of an account wide unlock for it (and every future ship like this)?
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please. I have 5 characters and it's going to be a bit too much work to grind to the Risa corvette ship.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Er, it takes ~5 minutes per character to do. It's not only easier than the WE was, it's quicker as well.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1, hell +9000

Its over 9000

give us acct wide for these.. I started to hate winter wonderland with only 2 chars.. I am doing risa on my main to colect a ship in a box that I will likely never open......
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't care for multiple characters, but would like to see it being Account Bound in case I decide to make a different character in the future.
  • bloodthirsty187bloodthirsty187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you think it is rough with 2 to 5 characters, then imagine having 20 max rank characters like myself! It is absolute torture completing the missions for "Special" prizes with the current setup. The easiest way is to make it a Veteran Reward not based on time, but based on number of characters. The fact that the 1,000 day Vet reward was basically given away needs to be blocked from enabling somebody to claim a relief reward like this.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic doesn't even repsect our time enough to make the event costumes acount unlock, and those are a trivial fashion item (i.e. they don't change game play). I doubt they'll do a ship

I should add I do see why as such an item is a major game piece, one that adds to game play, and otherwise potentially bring in dollars. The other items in the even, I see no reason for.

Still account bound for an item like this seems reasonable, or some middle ground for those who have purched many charactes of the years.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As with the winter event we get to spend 25 days grinding an event to pick up single-use ship.

The event is simple enough - can we forgo the existing grind in favor of an account wide unlock for it (and every future ship like this)?

/SIGNED

Since they're not making money off each character that does it, this makes sense. I have 8 characters; spending 5 minutes per day, per character, for 25 days...nope.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    Since they're not making money off each character that does it, this makes sense. I have 8 characters; spending 5 minutes per day, per character, for 25 days...nope.

I have 8 characters. "Grinding" the laughable daily runs for all 8 is nothing.

Cryptic, feel free to leave the non-broken system for getting a free ship alone as there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever, and instead spend your time fixing actual problems.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's in it for Cryptic if they make it an account unlock?

If they keep it per character then there is more incentive for people to buy keys, get lobi, and convert to pearls. Cryptic will only make something easier for players if there is something in it for them, in this case they would lose out if they made them account unlocks.

Do people actually plan to fly it on all 20? Can people not pick just one or two? I'm not against making these things account wide but its not hard to get unless you make it hard.

edit - what might be nice is having the ability to rebox a ship which is still account bound. then you can transfer that one ship around.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its a trophy prize. You have to beat the challenge to get the trophy. There are no prizes for not trying to beat the challenge. Cryptic isnt your mom, everybody isnt a winner

Always interesting to see the kind of players that this game attracts
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    What's in it for Cryptic if they make it an account unlock

Customer satisfaction. Happier customers are more prone to spend money, where as dissatisfied customers have the opposite effect.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Customer satisfaction. Happier customers are more prone to spend money, where as dissatisfied customers have the opposite effect.

On the other hand, people spending time in the game are more likely to buy stuff than people who just click around for 5 minutes once a day.

The only way it would make sense for Cryptic is if you had to spend dilithium on outfitting the ships. At that point they could (and should) just give away the ships.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On the other hand, people spending time in the game are more likely to buy stuff than people who just click around for 5 minutes once a day.

The only way it would make sense for Cryptic is if you had to spend dilithium on outfitting the ships. At that point they could (and should) just give away the ships.

how about grinding on one character unlocks the ability to use Dilithium to buy the ship in the shipyard on an account
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Quite honestly if it's a ship in a box, I should think it shouldn't be bound at all and should be tradeable and sellable! But at least unlocking it for an account would be better than locking it to a character!
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    What's in it for Cryptic if they make it an account unlock?

If they keep it per character then there is more incentive for people to buy keys, get lobi, and convert to pearls. Cryptic will only make something easier for players if there is something in it for them, in this case they would lose out if they made them account unlocks.

The Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught which can and is sold on the exchange still costs a ton of money on keys to get from the lobi consortium just like any lobi consortium ship, or very rare lock box ship. Making it unlocked changes nothing about how much money they will make from it. It just changes what characters can get one when the event isn't going on.