test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mssion will not progress (STUCK!)

stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
I'm running the mission "Installation 18", there is a part where you have to run into a room and beam out 4 Romulan test subjects. The NPC Rinna will not beam out thus preventing the mission from advancing.

I have died and respawned, I have left the instance, dropped the mission and re-attempted with the same result.
Post edited by stohanson on

Comments

• Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stohanson wrote: »
    I'm running the mission "Installation 18", there is a part where you have to run into a room and beam out 4 Romulan test subjects. The NPC Rinna will not beam out thus preventing the mission from advancing.

I have died and respawned, I have left the instance, dropped the mission and re-attempted with the same result.

It was screwed thanks to the fact that you do not have Tovan if you are a Fed or KDF, and the current solution is
    1) Skip the mission. PLEASE MAKE SURE that there are nothign you need from the first playthrough
    2) Play it with any Romulans.
  • Options
    tygressstygresss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what a bunch of garbage there's a lot of stuff you get for completing this mission yet I have to skip it cause i'm not a romulan player :mad: fire the moron who wrote this mission or fix it.:eek:
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tygresss wrote: »
    what a bunch of garbage there's a lot of stuff you get for completing this mission yet I have to skip it cause i'm not a romulan player :mad: fire the moron who wrote this mission or fix it.:eek:

Doesn't stop Tovan possessing some of my Boffs in other missions, it just causes problems on this one. I get the distinct impression that Installation 18 is supposed to be for Rommies only.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    colonelsinkcolonelsink Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just ran though it with a fed toon and had no problems.
  • Options
    aurelias1aurelias1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

How do you skip it? That was my plan, but it wouldn't let me pick up any other episodes until I found a Romulan to run it with me and finish it. :confused:
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aurelias1 wrote: »
    How do you skip it? That was my plan, but it wouldn't let me pick up any other episodes until I found a Romulan to run it with me and finish it. :confused:

open the mission jernal (J) - go to episodes, scroll down till you see the one you're on, click skip.. you can do this for every mission in the chain, except for the first one of each group,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    tygressstygresss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what a bunch of garbage there's a lot of stuff you get for completing this mission yet I have to skip it cause i'm not a romulan player :mad:

okay thanks all for the info i'll try again today maybe I can finish it:D
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you need a Romulan to run it with you to finish it, just let me know, and I can help. ^_^
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stohanson wrote: »

Fed Toon I had the same problem doing a replay of the mission did it many times but Rinna won't leave I also sent in a ticket.

I did this mission when it first came with out any problems.

Note it is A FED toon mission too it is Part of the Wasteland Missions so something need to be fixed
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure Wasteland was designed for Romulans, but made available to the other factions as well to give us a reason to even touch Nimbus III.

As for this mission, just ask a Romulan to help in zone chat, most Romulans go Fed so it shouldn't be an issue for Fed players.

It took a while on my Orion though.
    STO%20Sig.png~original