test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding In Fight Instances

fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
Hello All,

The title says it all. The family is playing STO just as normal, internet has not changed and we are rubberbanding in both Space and ground missions.

Husband completed a space mission then he was rubberbanded back to the beginning of the mission and all of his work was removed and he was back to step one. All of the other toons completed.

The ground missions are just as bad if not worse because the NPC are shooting u and you can't do anything about it. YOu group mates are calling for you to catch up, when it shows on our screens we are next to them.

I am getting the typical rubberbanding, go forward 3 steps and pulled back 12.

Computers have been cleaned, rebooted,scanned for malware/virus.

Anyone else having this issue???

We can move around in the non-instanced areas, but there is always some lag at the Individual space docks.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
Post edited by fyllis on

Comments

• chookinchookin Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too am having rubberbanding issues. Then if I die when rubberbanding it won't respond to clicking the respawn button. Nor does it respond to logging out or changing character at that point. Only thing that seems to fix it for me is to alt f4, then reopen the game again.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here and it's mostly do to the high volume of internet traffic, somewhere down the line you are getting either high latency issues, poor connection or response times and/or experiencing throttling from your IP. This is not uncommon and can be very annoying, however I have noticed that during those huge rubber banding/server not responding moments that the chat system is unaffected.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fyllis wrote: »
    Hello All,

The title says it all. The family is playing STO just as normal, internet has not changed and we are rubberbanding in both Space and ground missions.

Husband completed a space mission then he was rubberbanded back to the beginning of the mission and all of his work was removed and he was back to step one. All of the other toons completed.

The ground missions are just as bad if not worse because the NPC are shooting u and you can't do anything about it. YOu group mates are calling for you to catch up, when it shows on our screens we are next to them.

I am getting the typical rubberbanding, go forward 3 steps and pulled back 12.

Computers have been cleaned, rebooted,scanned for malware/virus.

Anyone else having this issue???

We can move around in the non-instanced areas, but there is always some lag at the Individual space docks.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hey your issue is acutally quite common in Star Trek Online. Especially if you must use the pnap.net network to connect to Star Trek Online. I have had this issue for a long time.

Let me run down the symptoms and you can tell me if it still happens to you the same way.

In sector space and other areas no lag, /netgraph 1 says you have a 200ms ping.

Then the game must pull data on a connection that you more then likely have plenty of speed on. But you get 2kbps at best.

Then your ping becomes 3-10k and your bouncing and being force dragged all across the map.

http://imgur.com/0eT1PRk <my lag black hole seen in Ker'rat

The work around I have found is to use the EU proxy, as it does not seem to go through the Pnap.net computers.... they are terrible.

Yes I am in the States, and I lag less the 300ms going all the way to the EU proxy as opposed to using the lame direct connection...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]