test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet alert leaving players

darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Players leaving this event in the last round very often. That is not a fair behaviour for the rest of the team. I know, that the last round gives not so many marks, but levaing before the mission is accomplished is desertation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by darthpetersen on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here is the reason: the last wave awards only 5 marks and starts a 30 minute cooldown on the fleet alert.

to avoid the 30 min cooldown people leave therefore before the capital ship blows.

it is actually very smart, since you can just rejoin the queue again and basically can make 45 marks in 5-6 minutes.

thats why people leave...so they can farm more efficent for fleet marks. i'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but honestly it is boring anyway and i want to farm fleet marks most efficently.
    Go pro or go home
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    here is the reason: the last wave awards only 5 marks and starts a 30 minute cooldown on the fleet alert.

to avoid the 30 min cooldown people leave therefore before the capital ship blows.

it is actually very smart, since you can just rejoin the queue again and basically can make 45 marks in 5-6 minutes.

thats why people leave...so they can farm more efficent for fleet marks. i'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but honestly it is boring anyway and i want to farm fleet marks most efficently.

NICE !!!

Thanks for the info.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Devs, it's long overdue that you stop this Event bailing, where people are avoiding the timer by leaving the event. There are people who legitimately have a reason to stay to the final wave, but they can't with only 1 or 2 people. Thus they aren't able to get the Fleet Marks, and get left with that event timer.

I'm honestly shocked this has been going on for months and not regarded as an exploit, but events like Tour the Galaxy was nerfed because it was.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I'm honestly shocked this has been going on for months and not regarded as an exploit, but events like Tour the Galaxy was nerfed because it was.

QFT

It's quite appalling that the alleged and only-questionably-an-exploit Tour the Galaxy got horribly nerfed with no warning while this clear and obvious exploit has been left alone.

The fix is also blindingly obvious.

Give the rewards at the end.

Simple.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wholeheartedly agree.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I couldn't agree more. The fact this is still an issue in the game is nothing less than ridiculous. Either give the rewards at the end, or put people on the timer if they warp out at any point prior to mission completion.

There is no honor system on the internet, Cryptic. You should have learned that lesson 3 years ago.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like everyone here hasn't read the latest Tribble release notes...
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.7

General:
    • AFK penalty has been re-enabled.
    • Captains that AFK in a queued map will now receive the following penalty:
      • 0 rewards for the event
      • 2 hour cooldown on the ability to queue for any event
      • These changes are implemented into the following queued events in normal and elite mode where applicable:
        • Atmosphere Assault
        • Breaking the Planet
        • Colony Invasion
        • Crystalline Catastrophe
        • Defend Rh?ihho Station
        • Federation Fleet Alert
        • Federation Starbase Blockade
        • Federation Starbase Incursion
        • Gorn Minefield
        • Hive Onslaught
        • Infected: The Conduit
        • Infected: Manus
        • Into the Hive
        • Khitomer in Stasis
        • Khitomer Vortex
        • Klingon Scout Force
        • Mine Trap
        • No Win Scenario
        • Nukara Prime
        • Starbase 24
        • Starbase Fleet Defense
        • The Big Dig
        • The Cure Applied
        • The Cure Found
        • The Vault: Ensnared
        • Vault Shuttle Event

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13280011
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That's for AFKers, not for people who bail early. Currently, if you leave the fleet alert before the last wave completes, you get no cooldown timer and can farm the mission indefinitely. That's what this thread is addressing, not the AFK issue.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited November 2013
    That's afking not bailing before the end. very different problem.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Except that the OP wasn't talking about AFK'rs. He was talking about those people that play up through the fourth wave and then bail. We also don't have a clear description of what constitutes AFK for that penalty.

In reply to the OP, +1
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well in a way it does affect Fleet Bailers.........if you are an AFKer. :rolleyes:
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    NICE !!!

Thanks for the info.

And just like that another baby jerk is born....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Devs, it's long overdue that you stop this Event bailing, where people are avoiding the timer by leaving the event. There are people who legitimately have a reason to stay to the final wave, but they can't with only 1 or 2 people. Thus they aren't able to get the Fleet Marks, and get left with that event timer.

Truthfully, I think it IS considered an exploit, but they haven't gotten around to quashing it yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Accolade hunters make packs that purposely bail if either:
    1) You get the wrong enemy
    2) You get the wrong boss ship

They made the accolade such a pain to get that you're left with those options. When I pug, I bail ASAP if I see anything below a T4 base because I know I'll get TRIBBLE enemies I don't need. It's frustrating going in and out for months and waiting for the right enemies to appear, specially with the stupid unnecessary one minute prep time. I'll stop bailing when I get the damn accolade complete.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    There is no honor system on the internet, Cryptic. You should have learned that lesson 3 years ago.
    I thought they learned it about 7 years ago with City of Heroes, but then I guess there's probably no one at all left from that dev team.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1) reward should only be given at the end
    2) 1 hour quitter penalty just like STF's
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Accolade hunters make packs that purposely bail if either:
    1) You get the wrong enemy
    2) You get the wrong boss ship

They made the accolade such a pain to get that you're left with those options. When I pug, I bail ASAP if I see anything below a T4 base because I know I'll get TRIBBLE enemies I don't need. It's frustrating going in and out for months and waiting for the right enemies to appear, specially with the stupid unnecessary one minute prep time. I'll stop bailing when I get the damn accolade complete.

I enjoy hunting accolades myself.... here's the thing... If you are running teams with others from the accolades channel... I'm good with the above.. If you are pugging, and purposefully bail on your team... you disserve a penalty.

Perhaps an TRIBBLE Accolade, and title that can't be removed.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, IMO the easiest and best solution would be to simply make the cooldown timer start if you leave the mission in any way.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, IMO the easiest and best solution would be to simply make the cooldown timer start if you leave the mission in any way.

What would be better is observer mode if you leave and you can't do anything else till the match ends anyways. Only works for missions with a timer though. CE would be a bad fit for this sort of thing, cause one guy would stay in just to keep epeople stuck. :eek:
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I enjoy hunting accolades myself.... here's the thing... If you are running teams with others from the accolades channel... I'm good with the above.. If you are pugging, and purposefully bail on your team... you disserve a penalty.

Perhaps an TRIBBLE Accolade, and title that can't be removed.

Lol. I like the TRIBBLE idea. Time and fleet marks simply cannot be that precious, if you are a healthy human being.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just wonder if the accolade there, would attach to players that suddenly get DCed, right at the Siege wave, all the same as for players that bail. I never leave a run until the timer ends, but 'have' been DCed a couple of time, in this exact scenario... anywho, I've three man carried a run that had both a bail, and a DC at the same time, so 'any' combination of things can happen here. ( I heart my A2B FAC... :D )

The fleet marks flat out need to be rewarded at the end, when the 'clock' runs out, not before on any wave. Simple solution, that is used in azure, so NO excuse not to have such occur of similar here. This risks the DC bit of occurrence, but 'any' serious loopholes or exploits, would stop, I assure you. The AFK penalty, (implemented properly,) would take care of the rest.

If the devs care about closing exploits, this has to happen 'soon' after S8 launches, and the AFK mechanic takes effect. NO EXCUSES. :mad:
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aleaic wrote: »
    I just wonder if the accolade there, would attach to players that suddenly get DCed, right at the Siege wave, all the same as for players that bail. I never leave a run until the timer ends, but 'have' been DCed a couple of time, in this exact scenario... anywho, I've three man carried a run that had both a bail, and a DC at the same time, so 'any' combination of things can happen here. ( I heart my A2B FAC... :D )

The fleet marks flat out need to be rewarded at the end, when the 'clock' runs out, not before on any wave. Simple solution, that is used in azure, so NO excuse not to have such occur of similar here. This risks the DC bit of occurrence, but 'any' serious loopholes or exploits, would stop, I assure you. The AFK penalty, (implemented properly,) would take care of the rest.

If the devs care about closing exploits, this has to happen 'soon' after S8 launches, and the AFK mechanic takes effect. NO EXCUSES. :mad:

I highly doubt enough people disconnect right at the siege wave for this to even be an issue.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited November 2013
    If they put the same leaver penalty that is on stf's then that would solve the problem over night.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I PuG this one a lot, and you'll be surprised how often people bail. Fortunately, the siege wave can be 4-manned quite easily, and even 3-manned if there is enough DPS and CC to pull it off. However, this is also a bigger place to see rainbows, skittles, and assorted T1 squadrons...

On a mission that I don't see scaling down to account for the lack of weaponry and/or high end BOff skills...

"Cooldown glitch" contributes mightily to this "entitlement", along with the accolade hunters who bail on missions that they have all the accolade for (as the guy above said, he bails when he doesn't even see a T4 base cause he already has everyone from the lower tier bases...)

To top it off, the rewards are "obviously" skewed to the "casual rainbow T1 squadrons" that can barely pop 2 waves of enemies, ie, seriously front-loaded. I'm somewhat more surprised that people are willing to work waves 3 and 4 @ 5 marks each instead of dropping/requeing for the ~30-40 that comes from the first 2...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just an FYI, there IS a penalty in the works. And from what I was told, its right around the corner.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I highly doubt enough people disconnect right at the siege wave for this to even be an issue.

I run the mission a fair bit and its more common than you'd think.

what's worse, in my view, is that its often highly respected fleets pulling this malarky.

It's an exploit. Clear and simple.

The fact that Cryptic closed down the so called Tour the Galaxy exploit with such prejudice, while leaving this one intact is appalling.

Makes me wonder which devs are exploiting it.
  • ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So THAT'S what's been going on. This happened to me twice this weekend. I was in a group, we were doing very well, and then suddenly I look up and I'm the only player left.

I thought it was my fault that the team left. :(

This mission is so quick, that even if we're losing, I stick around, if for no other reason than to practice my strategies and techniques, and to help the team do as much damage as possible. I had no idea that some players would just leave as a group so they could maximize their earnings.

Some people get so caught up in the whole min-maxxing thing, that I think they lose sight of the result on other players and/or their own FUN in just playing the game.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A big problem that causes this is the grind imposed on us by the game (I don't advocat, nor approve of leaving a mission early, unless the WHOLE team is in on it (i.e. Farm Runs). It has really come down to figuring out how to get the most reward in the shortest period of time.

On the fleet alert (during the event), the last group is only worth 5 Fleet Marks (IIRC). These players have calculated, its better to leave at the final wave, and restart the mission (no cooldown for leaving early) in order to maximize the marks over the course of the event.

The perpetual grind, and the sinks (Dilithium, Fleet Mark, etc) have bred this type of player. Its a shame really, and I am a bit embarrassed to say that I participate in Farm Runs (although as eluded to above, I only do farm runs with a full team, and everyone knows to leave).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You could use that to rationalize any sort of behavior that improves your chances at currency xyz over time interval abc. That it is most expedient doesn't make it any less selfish and discourteous. You're not a powerless victim of forces beyond your control. You have a choice, and you should not need any sort of encouragement to behave like a considerate human being.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!