test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me, or...

sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
are the missions the same for each and every race? I'm getting a bit fed up with having to do the same thing over and over again on 4 characters....

Right now with one character I only have exploration missions, because I don't want to do the Nimbus III ones (hate em), and I can't do the other ones later on in the list (which seems weird, because my char is lvl 36, and Nimbus starts at 21 (or something like that)

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much, yes.

This is largely the result of KDF players screaming about not having much to do, combined with Cryptic's lack of resources. I can't say I blame either party, but this is the end result.

There are a number of missions that are unique to the Romulans, the Feds and the KDF, but a very large percentage are exclusive to a single faction, and considering the constant demands for content parity it will be a long time before this changes, if it ever does.
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's a big shame..... this means I'll get bored again very soon.... I was just thinking: this game has changed for the better.... but I guess that's not really true then :(
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game in and of itself has improved. However, new content is not going to come out of nowhere, and that is what massively different factions would require. Furthermore, there are a lot of points wherein writing entirely new episodes would cause one faction or the other be screaming in pure rage. What would happen if the Feds got access to the Shard of Possibilities and the KDF didn't? The forum rage would be massive, to say the least.

Given the demands of the playerbase, this is the only way to fill this. If you are highly concerned about it I would suggest you focus on one character, and play the others mostly on a lark or to see what things are like on the other side of the fence.