test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Azure Nebula helium leak...

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
I guess the new patch updated this mission, but what happened to the Romulan woman's voice over? She was one of the best voices in the game. In fact, the perfect Romulan voice. Just the right amount of disdain and arrogance. Great inflection. Now there's this guy(?) who sounds like he's been having fun with too many party balloons. Is this a bug or is that the intended voice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same actress, just new lines for the new warbird ships in the instance.

Cryptic has a hard time keeping voiceovers consistent...
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really? She sounds completely different. Maybe it's bugged.
    edited June 2013
    Yup, it's definitely Lani Minella again. The same voice inconsistency happened with Obisek's new lines for Romulan characters during Cloaked Intentions.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited June 2013
    i dunno it sounds off to me too..
    maybe she is talking too fast?
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited June 2013
    It's possible it was recorded differently. Eric Newsome's older lines for Obisek have more of his signature baritone voice, while his new and recent lines sound a bit softer. Also the audio levels for recent VO's are much lower. (Obisek's older lines are quite loud, while his new lines are a bit lower)
  • victorstellavictorstella Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe helium is what makes the Azure Nebula blue. ;)
  • malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with the OP. Something sounds off, soft, not nearly as Romulan'ish as initial speech.

Frankly I am sorely missing " a SCIMITAR is escaping!!!!"
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm didn't notice, had the Voices muted after i got sick hearing Obisek calling me an interloper in Vault Ensnared, which is the wrong Voice Over for the mission.

Funny enough the VO is only hooked up wrong on KDF side, FED side works just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]