test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Congrats to PW/Cryptic

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
I really have to congratulate PW/Cryptic on having the most dedicated player base in all of gaming!!
I can think of no other game that has the problems/bugs that STO has on a constant basis and yet the players continue to tolerate it and keep coming back for more. Some are even willing to pay for the frustrations!!
Bugged missions, constant server disconnects, missing inventory items, missing Zen, over 2 hours patching a 148mb patch (which at the time of this post is still not completed) and the list goes on and on.
Yet we keep coming back.
So in all sincerity, Congrats to all at PW/Cryptic....somehow you have managed to do what other games would quickly fail to do....keep a large player base with the worst customer service in the gaming industry!!

I truly believe that if it weren't for the fact that it is Star Trek, this game would have failed long ago!
Post edited by darpink on

Comments

• Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    I really have to congratulate PW/Cryptic on having the most dedicated player base in all of gaming!!
    I can think of no other game that has the problems/bugs that STO has on a constant basis and yet the players continue to tolerate it and keep coming back for more. Some are even willing to pay for the frustrations!!
    Bugged missions, constant server disconnects, missing inventory items, missing Zen, over 2 hours patching a 148mb patch (which at the time of this post is still not completed) and the list goes on and on.
    Yet we keep coming back.
    So in all sincerity, Congrats to all at PW/Cryptic....somehow you have managed to do what other games would quickly fail to do....keep a large player base with the worst customer service in the gaming industry!!

I truly believe that if it weren't for the fact that it is Star Trek, this game would have failed long ago!

It's that little Star Trek logo that creates this magical effect.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game went F2P for a reason. And honestly not much has changed since then when it comes to bugs and server stability. And yes you are right...the name 'Star Trek' does the magic for them.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nah, that belongs to G1/RP for APB: reloaded.

Constant and game-breaking server lag, poor matchmaking that puts people that joined 5 minutes ago vs a clanked team of friends that played since open beta, and a "threat" system that regards you as a top player as long as you have one arm (or a reasonable facsimile) and an IQ that's slightly above the requirement for Downs syndrome.

People still play it every day, all day, and throw sacks of cash for permanent guns that cost as much or more than a whole new game.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    Game went F2P for a reason. And honestly not much has changed since then when it comes to bugs and server stability. And yes you are right...the name 'Star Trek' does the magic for them.

game went F2P mostly cause Atari didnt do any sort of advertising for the game so a lot of people didnt know of it. at least with PWE and its experience with F2P games keeps the game alive. if this game were to have closed instead of going F2P there would never be another Star Trek MMO.
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    Yet we keep coming back.

Well put, well put indeed!
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    game went F2P mostly cause Atari didnt do any sort of advertising for the game so a lot of people didnt know of it. at least with PWE and its experience with F2P games keeps the game alive. if this game were to have closed instead of going F2P there would never be another Star Trek MMO.

That is not entirely true. If you look at the STO sales from release they sold quite well and had lots of players. But it was the same problems which led to departure of many.

But now since game is F2P so maybe people are more tolerable because they don't feel so invested in the game.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    I am new here, just joined about 1 week before LoR. Honestly I dont think I'd heard of STO before that.

I will say it's F2P status was a draw for me, because I like to try it before I buy it, especially with computer games. As of now, I think it's a fun game, but there are multiple bugs, of which the dev team is well aware. It seems to me that they are under tremendous pressure, and are understaffed. I'm willing to accord them some leniency and understanding.

If the disconnects/quest bugs etc improve over time, I may become a subscriber. Right now, I dont plan on leaving, but I don't plan on signing up either given the spotty game play.

As with everything, you get what you pay for, and for an investment of 10$ (I bought some Zen just to have), I think I've gotten 10$ worth of fun and entertainment over the last month.

I'm getting what I pay for, and as long as I do, I'm not going anywhere.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn't providing any constructive feedback, so due to this as well as the nature of the original post, I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Thanks, :)

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.