What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    another master piece and still no one gets fired.
    Branflakes believes restarting the game launcher solves the problem, yeah right, every relaunch he starts updating himself in an endless loop, using an old version i get in the game but get kicked out by the server evry time i switch a map so i have to relog. Man you guys are so incompetent you should be banned from working with computers!!!
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, just because you have a bad day doesn't mean you have to take it out on Cryptic, go yell at your pet or something.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes i know that but...I wanted to write it somewhere to...calm down! :rolleyes:

(dont have a pet :P:D)
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same, tried to do an ISE...

Didn't have a good time.

It's weird because i have never had lag once before, Even when all the fuss was being made about it post LoR launch :S
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    ozac123ozac123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no more problem with launching the game. thx
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so since you get kicked out when you start an sto you get banned for an hour to start another one after you finally manage to log back in, just brilliant.
    Really any one working there with a brain?
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm also having launcher issues, I keep trying to open the launcher, I have none of the 4 programs open, I only have firefox open atm.

When I try to start the game from launcher, it tries to detect my launcher, and shuts down, then it will add startrek to my progres list and it just doesn't do anything, trying it multiple times only opens more games that are just pictures of the processes

This happened after I patched the game and I crashed, I suppose I have to uninstal, It also broke my steam version of the game even tho I didn't even patch it in ages.

Edit: it tries to autoupdate my launcher for split second and then it gives up and adds that process in start stray.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lag is being hell on the game espesially in the pve
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lag is really, really bad right now. Just did a Fleet Alert and all 5 of us spent the whole match bouncing around lol. We were laughing about it, but it was irritating.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    other parts than PvE seem to work fine, just finished a diplomatic investigation/ explore strange new worlds without problems or lag.
    now trying the restart thing but seems having problems downloading what it is that it s trying to download anyway...
    still trying....
    reminds me something...:P

Bad timing for a Zen Promo by the way....
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to thank the top cryptic engineers who after the last update have made the game worse than it was before,,,,,,,,,,,,

Time to start looking for another game to play i think.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hope uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt take 3 hrs cuz i still havent refined my dilithium today and if it still doesnt work if I succeed in that.. **** it.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to thank the top cryptic engineers who after the last update have made the game worse than it was before,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24200000/Please-don-t-go-je-CF-9F-CF-9Fis-groupies-E2-99-A0-24240494-480-360.jpg
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    I hope uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt take 3 hrs cuz i still havent refined my dilithium today and if it still doesnt work if I succeed in that.. **** it.

I think they said restart no re-install....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Ha ha love it,,,,,,,i wont but just played Elite game, freezing up all the time and this is a 1st my ship was going backwards while flying forwards or is it a new Borg weapon.
  • Options
    sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    georgedp wrote: »
    I think they said restart no re-install....

wow really... i even de-fragged my hd... still its just stuck at Loading. Please Wait.
    with no images, no indicators, nothing but a blank white window with 'Star Trek Online'
    in the active window title bar.... is this some sort of improvement i am seeing here?? Because a game that can't be played isnt a game anymore, is it....?
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oh my ... this ... this is just throwing the dummy out the pram! Just a bit of maintenance gone wrong, COME BACK IN A WEEK AND IT WILL BE BETTER !

PS: It is just ... a ... (shock horror) game!

Phew ... got my exam stress out of the system ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Oh my ... this ... this is just throwing the dummy out the pram! Just a bit of maintenance gone wrong, COME BACK IN A WEEK AND IT WILL BE BETTER !

It's not just any game...It's a star-trek game.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok just finished an ICE with no problems (got 75 marks and 11 neurals :) )
    the restart thing seems to work, thanks guys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »

If i come back in a week it will be update time AGAIN,,,,,LOL
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If i come back in a week it will be update time AGAIN,,,,,LOL

hmmmmm point taken ... but all I can say is

Good luck and please do not leave
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry missions are still messed up.

They freeze up and server time out. Only having to deal with this on KDF characters. Has been this way since Tuesday, June 4th.

atleast you can get in to your foundry missions I have not been able to work on mine since before LoR and I am a LTS and I have not published any mission as I was working on that.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Cryptic needs to set the server to "Notify me about updates but do not download or install them." I know my work computer spends the first 15-20 minutes of every day moving like a zombie covered in molasses during a blizzard because auto-update is busy thinking about ... something.

What, you mean this game isn't running on XP Server? ;D
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2013
    I can't even bring up the launcher. It patched the launcher and then nothing. It sits on my taskbar but no launcher window pops up nothing. No error codes at all. Maybe if someone kind enough manages to get the game patched they could post the launcher so we could download it. That worked before when there was a similar problem with the launcher.
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still can't get in.

First the launcher would hang at the version number.

Now the launcher won't even start, I get a window that says "A file was locked that could not be opened for writing"
  • Options
    ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Launcher icon in taskbar, when I mousover the launcher in the taskbar it shows a window popup of a new snazzy fancy launcher, but it doesnt ever pop up to actually login, it is stuck in the taskbar?

Win 7
    Pent D dual core
    ATI Radeon HD gpu
    everything is up to date.

Maybe before you launch new things, like new launchers, you should have one that works before "improving" it? When you polish a tird, guess what you get all over yourself.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did restart it. Get the attempting to update launcher message with data downloading yet the launcher had opened and allowed me to sign in. However I did get a weird message about a file being locked and it not being allowed to be written to.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't have any issues with patching or slow launcher, my issue is that the launcher is not working at all, it just simply does NOT OPEN, it puts up a process in my start menu and.. sits there.
  • Options
    ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zen promo sale? Im not sure if you guys have noticed this but a lot of folks who spent money on zen, have stopped since the release of Legacy of Fail. If a man comes to my door and asks for money to mow my lawn, but fails to mow the lawn, why would I give him money?

Devs said it works now, DOES NOT WORK, so devs DONT GET PAID. lol pretty simple economics there? Saddest part is Ive lost out on at least 5 days of playtime (of the few that I DO get with work and family constraints, not just omg ive only gotten to play 25 days this month!) due to downtime, bugs, errors, and general ineptness. doesnt sound like much really I know, but its like buying a soda, and finding someones already taken a couple decent sized drinks out of it. would you just say TRIBBLE it and swallow someones heptatis infested backwash? or would you go to the counter and demand your dinero back?
  • Options
    brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2013
    I get these errors in my Errors file in the game directory I hope it helps.

130604 00:27:03 2 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not delete previously renamed file (C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter.exe.deleteme)
    130604 00:27:03 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing
    130604 00:27:03 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error A file was locked that could not be open for writing
This discussion has been closed.