What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nearly downloaded more than the patch size itself.
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol i restarted the launcher in hopes that that would help, now instead of being stuck at 91% im stuck at 80% HA HA :\

lol i did the same think but not that bad for me now instead of 94.5 im stuck at 93.4 so not that bad on my end just cant seem to finish the patching
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,439 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher restarted the patch 3+ times. Currently holding at 91.6%
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher downloading +40Mb to patch 8MB ... WTF ?!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay it finished after what seem light years lol
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apparently, Neverwinter deployed a 1,5 Gig update today. Perhaps the patch servers are simply overloaded right now, because that patch loads just as slow as the STO one.

Cryptic really needs to stop patching two games at the same time.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finished patching and in the game now
  • Options
    smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well one thing is for sure once phantasy star online 2 hit the us sto will never see my money again and im going to take my friends with me
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    After this i severely dislike NW
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    raslodanraslodan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got 5 meg's to patch and i've downloaded over 72 meg's to get that... and it's still going
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Apparently, Neverwinter deployed a 1,5 Gig update today. Perhaps the patch servers are simply overloaded right now, because that patch loads just as slow as the STO one.

Cryptic really needs to stop patching two games at the same time.

makes that 3 games at onece
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smtjt wrote: »
    well one thing is for sure once phantasy star online 2 hit the us sto will never see my money again and im going to take my friends with me
    Coming from a lifetimer, that means pretty much nothing.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Coming from a lifetimer, that means pretty much nothing.

well i spend more than 100 dollars on zen so it means a lot
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Loaded. Now connecting to login server. Fearing the worst.

Time-out. Who knew..
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HTTP patching failed for data/platformbin/PC/shaderbin/shaderCache.hogg: too many retries on HTTP xfer

ANyone else is getting this?
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Should have 5 meg left, yet the download is at 50 megs and counting...... something is wrong here Cryptic.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    For me it's bad - anyone else experiencing major lag - comes in waves.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, uhm... how about that.

Again it seems NW is the culprit, despite the devs saying no.

Really smart to patch STO, CO and NW the same day Cryptic... I mean who thought that was a good idea in the first place??

Ever heard of staggering releases?? So, say, STO today, CO tomorrow, and then NW...

But no, Cryptic goes with the all games in one day patching approach...

Yup, real smart...
  • Options
    firefox1afirefox1a Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hell, when I try to log in, I get a client crash after awhile of having the Cryptic sign up, and it saying something about the patching server not being able to be reached or something like that. When I try to put in a bug report, it says Unknown in the Bug Number area and then closes the report without sending it.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher opens but the window is invisible. I can't do anything. It shows on Taskbar.

Tried reorganizing Windows on Cascade, downloaded that .exe to forcibly reset window position, nothing works.

Please assist.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains! If you are still experiencing an issue with your launcher, please close it and re-launch it. We believe the issue will resolve once you do. Post your results here!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    igsaneigsane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The patcher is going so slow it will take several hours to complete even after the restart.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am patched, but when I try to load, it brings up the Cryptic sign and hangs for about 5 min, then crashes to saying something about idle connection to the ondemand patch server. Then when it brings up the bug report, it says unknown for the number and then closes the report without sending a report. When I bring up the launcher again, it asks if I want to check the files for integrity. Something is wrong here.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Managed to fix my own issue by going into Regedit and resetting window positions for the Cryptic Launcher. Ugh.

But once I addressed that, Launcher loaded and patched at the usual speeds.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice patch! Got it after only 2 hours, 3 -4 restarts and several error messages and now...it s working like a well tuned car....my grandfathers car!!
    Disconnected from server 6 times till now, 4 of them during Elite STF! Missed the bonus AND the whole STF at the end....
    Not only can't get "bonus" marks but no marks at all...
    Very nice and relaxing after a a very nice and relaxing day at work!
    Thank you!
    :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well, I play full screen, so I don't think that would fix my issue
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now if we could get this lag/connection issues out of the way so we can play without skipping around every 5 secs or disconnected it would be all good.
  • Options
    cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not that it makes up for your day, but Cryptic doesn't want you having problems any more than you want to be having problems. They want you to play as much of the game as possible so that you can see all their nifty C-Store stuff and grind out the dilithium to get Zen to buy it.

I'm sorry your day was stressful, and I'm sorry you're having game issues. I hope Cryptic gets them taken care of quickly so that you can enjoy the rest of your evening.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • Options
    ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry missions are still messed up.

They freeze up and server time out. Only having to deal with this on KDF characters. Has been this way since Tuesday, June 4th.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains! If you are still experiencing an issue with your launcher, please close it and re-launch it. We believe the issue will resolve once you do. Post your results here!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

how about the lag?pvp and pve missions are not playable.The only place I know without major rubberbanding is esd.
This discussion has been closed.