test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Adaptive Frequency Generator (Valdore's console) feedback

Comments

• naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty clear as well when I see my shields go from 4 little red spots to a solid white ring every few volleys.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all,

I've tracked down one bug that was causing this console to "double dip" on offensive buffs - making its performance grow exponentially as your bonus damage grew linearly. This is probably why some users were seeing huge spike heals while others were seeing largely flat values in-line with the expected amount. Since this bug could have drastically pushed up the performance of the console, I'm going to make only the bugfix for now and then take another look at how the console is performing after that. Thanks again to those of you who provided examples of when and where the overly-large heal values were coming from.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey all,

I've tracked down one bug that was causing this console to "double dip" on offensive buffs - making its performance grow exponentially as your bonus damage grew linearly. This is probably why some users were seeing huge spike heals while others were seeing largely flat values in-line with the expected amount. Since this bug could have drastically pushed up the performance of the console, I'm going to make only the bugfix for now and then take another look at how the console is performing after that. Thanks again to those of you who provided examples of when and where the overly-large heal values were coming from.

I'm glad the bug could be tracked down intstead of a nerf. Thanks for the excellent detective job tracking it down and fixing it.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    will that only address how high the heal will go, or the rate at which procs occur too? both look way to high
    edited June 2013
    will that only address how high the heal will go, or the rate at which procs occur too? both look way to high

The proc rate isn't a bug. It has been well established it procs at less than the stated % anyway.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all,

We're evaluating situations in which the Shield Adaptive Frequency Generator console's effectiveness may be too high. We're still gathering data on its effectiveness, and how much of its healing is overhealing vs. effective healing, so I don't have any concrete plans to share with you since our plan of action will depend on the extent to which it performs in our testing. However, we just wanted to let you know that we are looking at the console and may try to make it less "swingy" if necessary - boosting the theoretical minimum performance and reining in the theoretical maximum performance - if the data supports making that change.

I do hope you'll be looking at the other consoles and gear soon to be released all with +xx kinetic resistance as this will directly affect ALL of the science skills that were converted from exotic damage to kinetic damage long ago. This kind of gear will cause an even wider gap between the magical effectiveness of the tactical captains debuffs and the well explained and theorized effectiveness of the science space attacks most notably in PVP.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all,

Some folks will still cry nerf over a bugfix, but personally I'm glad that you guys took the time to break out the x-ray microscope on it - rather than going with what might have looked like the issue only a few levels deep. Thanks.
    edited June 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The proc rate isn't a bug. It has been well established it procs at less than the stated % anyway.

i dont care, nor does it mater, what the listed proc rate is. obviously the rate of actual proc is FAR too often
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Having broken stuffs used against players in pvp could upset a lot of players.
    Having no chance in fleet actions to get first place could upset a lot of players.
    Having to pay 1000zen to have a chance to win first place in fleet action could upset a lot of players.

The funny thing is I have been killing folks using this with ships not using it. So if you stand no chance in PvP because of this I would suggest you need to step up your game.

The fleet action thing on the other hand is a big problem and hard to get around.

Making this console more reliable and less "Swingy" as the OP says would actually be nice.
    edited June 2013
    i dont care, nor does it mater, what the listed proc rate is. obviously the rate of actual proc is FAR too often

Well, that has nothing to do with the proper function of the console, it's just your opinion. Anyway, while you complain about this console, other PvP players are saying in threads how easy to destroy Romulan ships are regardless of it. Maybe you should change tactics if you find it so hard.
    edited June 2013
    Well, that has nothing to do with the proper function of the console, it's just your opinion. Anyway, while you complain about this console, other PvP players are saying in threads how easy to destroy Romulan ships are regardless of it. Maybe you should change tactics if you find it so hard.

noobs shooting noobs. when i shoot at someone i have shield god mod on. i shield tank better then my characters that are fully reped out and have fleet elite shields. my opinion of things is the correct one, and unless they 100% want an i win button in their game, they will reduce the rate that it procs. a 10 second cooldown between procs at least needs to happen.
    edited June 2013
    my opinion of things is the correct one

Mr. I have all the right answers here. I've read your posts all over the place, you basically want half the game nerfed.
    edited June 2013
    Mr. I have all the right answers here. I've read your posts all over the place, you basically want half the game nerfed.

id like as many things buffed, as nerfed, easily
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all,

Thank you, is a good thing that is a fix and not a nerf. Is really good to see that you took your time and investigate this matter rather then nerf it and move on.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, DDIS, what's the verdict now?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited June 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    So, DDIS, what's the verdict now?

i sorta dout the fix was in that patch.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Depends on how you go about doing this. If you try just firing DHC it will be hard without a lot of focus fire but there are ways around this. I have been doing it with BO+HY+PSW alpha strikes so kill them while they are disabled and can't shoot to proc the heals, also have tried using full transphasic boats with sucess against them. It is actually easier to kill most romulans with torps then others because most don't run armor consoles since they all want to run embassy sci consoles and universals like the valdore console in engineering slots.

Same happens to me on my rom, I have no space for armor consoles and am dying to transphasics clusters and mines easier then on my other characters, then when I armor up against it the Valdore console usually has to go or I have to sacrifice DPS by ditching other consoles.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited June 2013
    i have to echo this. act is not making mistakes here, there is a very clear log entry created here, you can see it in the in game log, and you can see the heal float above the ship. this is not a plasma proc getting confused with actual plasma damage, or anything else ACT has made a mistake processing in the past.

if act was making a mistake, it would be under reporting these procs. its not displaying procs that do not happen, thats not possible. every act log ive posted is 100% accurate, displaying EXACTLY how this console acts

I am not sure what is wrong with it , i guess it could be procs i just know from experience sometimes one of my builds I know does better DPS parses lower then some of my other builds in STF, then the lower parsing build blows a gate or transformer faster proving the parser was wrong. It could be procs since I only recently starting using plasma builds and they were the ones the parsing seemed off on.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This console is useless in the Crystalline Entity, Elite version. Why? The Entity's blast eats trough 10k shields easily with any hit.

In an instance where shields do no good, its not really useful. Perhaps if it healed any damage, both shield and hull....
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited June 2013
    i sorta dout the fix was in that patch.

Quite right DDIS. Though the fix is now on Tribble.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad the bug could be tracked down intstead of a nerf. Thanks for the excellent detective job tracking it down and fixing it.

This should have been corrected & fixed on the Tribble Test Server, not waiting weeks later.
    edited June 2013
    parced an stf i did yesterday. it still procs just as often. but i didn't have a proc larger then 7k. still, thats enough to totally heal all facing most of the time. unless i had like no shields.

the huge heal numbers were a distraction, not the main problem. its the rate that it procs wile your firing thats the issue
  • scrimpinionscrimpinion Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parced an stf i did yesterday. it still procs just as often. but i didn't have a proc larger then 7k. still, thats enough to totally heal all facing most of the time. unless i had like no shields.

the huge heal numbers were a distraction, not the main problem. its the rate that it procs wile your firing thats the issue

well, it sounded like they were going to do this in pieces: first fix the item so it does what they intended, then evaluate whether or not their intended effect is OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xilrxilr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking about grabbing the Valdore for the console during this sale, but I'm afraid of it being not worth the console slot (given that other thread of pitchfork wielding forum nerf mobbers).....

How bad is it going to be post-nerf? Still worth getting? I'd really hate to spend money on something and then have to perma-shelf it.....
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    DDIS, you, me and the high performing other people who know how to get the most of cannons, procs etc are not the designed users of this.

There are 6 different types of players in this game.
    Beginner mainly PvE/PvP
    Intermediate mainly PvE/PvP
    Advanced mainly PvE/PvP

This console caters to the beginners and intermediates very nicely but is considered OP by the advanced users because they can squeeze out huge numbers for damage both spike and persistent. I would personally say you're an advanced player when optionals are pretty standard to get or you can pretty much survive 2 players ganking you.

As it is its doing more good than harm now the spikes and huge heals are reduced. Making sure matches only take into account HP actually healed would make sure it also doesn't hold a huge advantage in SB 24 etc.

I'm just thankful it's only useable on warbirds and is at least chance based.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited September 2013
    Wow Bpharma, never thought you'd necro a thread.
    edited September 2013
    Valdore console is pretty good but not good enough to where I consider it must have anymore, I mostly just use it on my Fleet Mogai but not my other ships now.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    Ah I didn't notice, any way to un necro it?

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited September 2013
    its still op, saves my TRIBBLE several times a match, makes it damn hard to actually lose a duel when just getting all my guns trained on a guy for 3 seconds all but guaranties a proc.