test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it me? Or do the Tal Shiar Adapted Ships look like Children of the Narada?

thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Haven't really paid attention until this weekend. Up until now I haven't seen a lot of Adapted Tal Shiar vessels. Parked over DS9, I got to look at four or five all at once moored alongside. So I checked them out closely. The design cues are really obvious once one thinks about them. Kinda curious about what other design cues the Adapted Tal Shiar vessels take from the Narada as well. I'm not complaining here, just speculating.
A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are the same as the narada, the narada was borg-afied at the vault before being pulled into the j.j verse, the vault was tal shiar run before the remens took control, this is why the destroy and battle cruiser look the same ( and why the shrapnel torpedo is in game ).
  • Options
    galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also the Narada's borgification and data collected at the Kelvin destruction site is meant to go to explain why in the JJ films the Fed appear to be more advanced in tech than in TOS.
  • Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congratulations, your clue meter is properly calibrated.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From the mission "Spare Parts", when you're interrogating the Tal'Shiar commander of the research/repair base you've "infiltrated" (is it "infiltration" when you've killed everyone who could possibly raise an alarm?*):

"Nero showed us the way! But instead of a single ship, we will have an armada!"

(Then you go to S'harien Station, and try to put a stop to this nonsense...)

*Reminiscent of the justification for naming one of the sentient multi-kiloton tanks in Ogre the "Ninja" - "If everything that could possibly see you is dead, that's the same as being invisible, right?"
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    januhull wrote: »
    Congratulations, your clue meter is properly calibrated.
    Thanks, Mate! Looks like you've got your Troll-o-meter dialed in perfectly! Looks like that Snappy Comeback Console might need a bit of adjusting, though. :D

So, JJTrek has sneaked into STO. Via the back door anyway.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, the Narada originate in our timeline, so it's valid to use it's concepts.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    From the mission "Spare Parts", when you're interrogating the Tal'Shiar commander of the research/repair base you've "infiltrated" (is it "infiltration" when you've killed everyone who could possibly raise an alarm?*):

"Nero showed us the way! But instead of a single ship, we will have an armada!"

(Then you go to S'harien Station, and try to put a stop to this nonsense...)

*Reminiscent of the justification for naming one of the sentient multi-kiloton tanks in Ogre the "Ninja" - "If everything that could possibly see you is dead, that's the same as being invisible, right?"
    Thanks! I needed a hearty laugh. :D Too true though. :P
    Thanks, Mate! Looks like you've got your Troll-o-meter dialed in perfectly! Looks like that Snappy Comeback Console might need a bit of adjusting, though. :D

Nah, it used the front door. It's just been a tiny trickle. The STO backstory references certain aspects of JJtrek heavily. Such as the Hobus disaster.... Oh and Red Matter capacitors. They've been here since launch.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Not exactly. All the JJ-verse stuff we have was featured in a crossover comic, released as a movie tie-in. It details all the stuff leading up to the destruction of Romulus & Nero's time-travel. So, they're from the main timeline, we just never see that part of the story in the movie. That's the given reason why we can have Red Matter Capacitors and Narada-like ships.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Not back door, the Prime portions of the JJ Verse were pretty much forced on STO. The head writer had made the Romulans/Tal Shiar a major part of the storyline in STO originally, but she had to pretty much throw out all of that, since CBS at the time wanted it to tie in with the 2009 movie.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/23/captains-log-interview-with-star-trek-onlines-lead-writer-chr/
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To me they all look like flying junk piles... of course... so did the Narada...
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!