test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged Doffs

lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with buggy doffs that they bought off the exchange.

My most recent buy was a purple adak'ukan about a week ago. Since then I have noticed that the system appears to recognize that the doff exists but doesn't actually allow me to use it in any mission or put it on active duty.

For example, in this case I have attempted to use it for Jem'Hadar related missions (gauge limits, replicate shroud process, etc...) and have noticed that even when my other two Jem'Hadar doffs are on other assignments, the system still allows me to get as far as picking a doff for said missions (clearly implying the system knows there is still an appropriate doff available) but nothing shows up on the recommended list or the full expanded one. This goes for any other mission that requires a security officer - the doff doesn't show up as usable for any of them.

and yes, I have checked multiple times to ensure the doff is actually there and not on duty or anything else. In fact it won't let me put it on duty, the button just gets grayed out.

So I take it i'm correct in assuming that there is some kind of bug with the system?
Post edited by lazarus51166 on

Comments

• grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just yesterday I have found the exact same problem.
    My 4 broken doffs show all the same symptoms but were obtained by officer exchange and refugee missions and not through player to player exchange. In fact, I can't even put those officer up on the exchange, the system won't let me.

the best way to spot those kind of officer is by going through your full roster and look for those officers that can't be dismissed. the only other reason that officers can't be dismissed is if they are currently on assignment. If a DOFF is not on assignment and is not allowed to be dismissed, the chance is high it is a broken DOFF.

I will later post a list of my broken doffs for others to comapre and maybe find a pattern.
    edited August 2013
    This is the list of broken DOFFs I was able to identify:

---

Blue KDF DOFF Sa
    Gorn, male
    Warp Theorist

----

green KDF DOFF Kubin Ribak
    Cardassian, male
    Research Lab Scientist

----

blue KDF DOFF Fandu
    Wadi, female
    Projectile weapons Officer

---

purple KDF DOFF Nupal
    Orion, male
    Diplomat

---

purple FED DOFF Ampaat Yus
    Bajoran, male
    Technician

again symptoms are:
    - can't put them on assignments as they don't show up in the list to choose from
    - they also can't be exchanged for 3 lower grade officers as this is also an assignment
    - can't put them on active duty
    - they all come from either exchange officer or refugee assignments
    - they are all not bound
    - they can't be put on the exchange
    - other copies also can not be found on the exchange, so it might not be a player specific problem but rather specific to the DOFF (i need to verify this though)
    - they can not be identified by the in game bug report system under items like all other DOFFs, they dont show up in that list either
    - they CAN be mailed though
    - all were obtained after LOR
    edited September 2013
    I have found some more of those broken DOffs, another purple, very annoying.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been having the same issue on all my alts for a while now. Unable to do anything with these DOffs, getting a little frustrating being told that I don't have a required DOff, when I do.

I've also had the situation where I need specific DOffs for a mission, but for some reason when I list the available DOffs for the first slot it lists unsuitable DOffs, but if the second or subsequent slots need the same type it lists them np!:confused:
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same issue with two civilian purple doffs...a refugee and an entertainer...

Both were bought on the exchange and are past their timer for being a new addition.

Have we figured this problem out yet? Would really like to use them.
  • globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    YES!!!!!!

the same thing for my engineer, wrote a ticket and get a INSANE reply:
    "A maximum of 1 may be assigned to the active duty roster."
    and a link to sto wiki

total blowoff like IM the one thats crazy. was going to start a thread on it but i see theres others w this problem.

No problems doing the same doffs kdf side, kdf align side. at least the ones i was tryin
  • jiitoljiitol Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had this issue with one, but I think I figured out why. I play my Romulan KDF but bought a Fed DOFF. I can buy him, it shows I'm, but he won't work for me. Must be that stubborn trait...
  • globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OK now that makes me angry, the doff i wanted to equip bought off exchange is busted X2 different AND
    opened duty packs untill one popped up and its busted too.

also i cant dump them, theyr stuck.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with buggy doffs that they bought off the exchange.

My most recent buy was a purple adak'ukan about a week ago. Since then I have noticed that the system appears to recognize that the doff exists but doesn't actually allow me to use it in any mission or put it on active duty.

For example, in this case I have attempted to use it for Jem'Hadar related missions (gauge limits, replicate shroud process, etc...) and have noticed that even when my other two Jem'Hadar doffs are on other assignments, the system still allows me to get as far as picking a doff for said missions (clearly implying the system knows there is still an appropriate doff available) but nothing shows up on the recommended list or the full expanded one. This goes for any other mission that requires a security officer - the doff doesn't show up as usable for any of them.

and yes, I have checked multiple times to ensure the doff is actually there and not on duty or anything else. In fact it won't let me put it on duty, the button just gets grayed out.

So I take it i'm correct in assuming that there is some kind of bug with the system?

Generally when this happens, it is because you have a DOFF from the wrong faction, either trying to use a Fed DOff on a KDF character or vice versa.

If this is not the case, then I would post in the DOff forum and list the name, faction and rarity of the DOff's affected. You will probably get more help in that forum with anything DOff related.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    grievas wrote: »
    This is the list of broken DOFFs I was able to identify:

- they all come from either exchange officer or refugee assignments

- they can't be put on the exchange

Are you certain they weren't purchased from the exchange, and that they're the correct faction for the character you're using them on?

Fed & Fed-Allied Rommies can only use FED Doffs (look at the pic on the icon or check the info)

KDF & KDF-Allied Rommies can only use KDF DOffs

I don't believe you can use Fed or KDF DOffs on a Romulan who has not yet chosen a faction with which to ally, either.

Can you post anything else on the exchange? Might not be related - obviously not bound if you can mail them. With the new restrictions on the exchange and mail, possible it could be interference from that issue instead.

I think I have a couple of those DOffs you listed. I will check, and if I have similar issues, will report back.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm also having this issue. No, the doffs in question are not from the wrong faction. And if you think about it, if that were the case then I would still be able to sell them on the exchange.

There are two doffs in my roster that I cannot assign to any mission or any station. I cannot remove them from my roster by selling them -- the exchange simply refuses when I try. No, they are not bound. I cannot remove them from my roster by dismissing because the dismiss button is grayed out. It's as if these two doffs have fallen through some kind of crack. They are taking up roster space but I cannot do anything about it, nor can I do anything with them at all.

** edit

I did find a way to get rid of them. I was able to email them to myself and then I just deleted the mail with them still attached. Sorry guys but you were broken.
  • mach242mach242 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    April 2015, Season 10, this bug is still occurring.
  • rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello everyone!

Fova Gedel - Ground Sensors (Voth) officer under Operations/Federation.

I have THREE (3) of them. I did not purchase these guys from the exchange (if I did I would have purchased one (1) to see how he worked out). I had one (1) of them slotted once as the blue lock icon clearly shows on the doff. I removed the one in favor of another doff, but later decided to re-slot Fova.

The 'system' reports - 'you cannot equip more than 1 item of that category'.

Here's the kicker:

I removed ALL Doff's from ground service, tried to add this one first and still could NOT slot/add this Doff! Clearly there is a bug somewhere in the system/'ghost in the machine?'.

I tried to add the other two (2) that have no lock icons on them - THEY give the same 'system' msg.

I added my other Doff's back easliy, but Fova 'free thinker' - wants to go back to the Voth! :-)

Anyone with a new idea or fix, please?

Sincerely,
    rcelloman
    Galen@celloman (Galen Character with this issue)
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited June 2015
    Generally when this happens, it is because you have a DOFF from the wrong faction, either trying to use a Fed DOff on a KDF character or vice versa.

If this is not the case, then I would post in the DOff forum and list the name, faction and rarity of the DOff's affected. You will probably get more help in that forum with anything DOff related.

or doffs may be getting generated with the wrong faction information, or perhaps no faction information

arrowmatic wrote: »
    I did find a way to get rid of them. I was able to email them to myself and then I just deleted the mail with them still attached. Sorry guys but you were broken.

very creative