test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in installation 18

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
I am in installation 18, and can't get the interior doors open. Can you give me a hint how to do that please?

Thanks
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if your talking about right after you go down the elevator and deal with the tal shiar there should be a console that lights up after they are all dead. not knowing exactly where your at I am just taking a guess
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which doors?

If you are talking about the first interior door, down the long straight corridor, I believe, if memory servers, that they do not open, but you have to use the consoles outside of them to tap into the video surveillance system and see whats in there.

One actually startled me when I ran that mission... :):o
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I restarted and got in. Thanks
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Installation 18 is tricky because you always have to disable the security consoles before continuing.
  • captainsincaptainsin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am currently stuck on this same mission. I make it to the only door that opens up and fight ambushes until they stop. I've looked around for anything to interact with and found nothing. I've also aborted three times and every time its the same.

What am I looking for specifically?
    Is this a glitch/bug?
    @Sin Stalker

Free comics! www.jkcomics.com
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Might of missed a NCP, that happens to me sometimes. Unless you beam all the prisoners back to their cells ( assuming you chose the non lethal option ), no doors open.

¿? You talking about other mission, from the cardassian / jem haddar story arc when you need to deliver the founder. There is not such a lethal method or anything else in this mission.

This mission is really straight-forward, first part, watch the camera feeds of every room + switch off the first security device. Second part go to the first room (you can only go to one room), kill romulans, switch off the security device. And thats the way all the time (except the part where you need to "save" the test subgjects, but thats all).
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Installation 18 is tricky because you always have to disable the security consoles before continuing.
    ¿? You talking about other mission, from the cardassian / jem haddar story arc when you need to deliver the founder. There is not such a lethal method or anything else in this mission.

This mission is really straight-forward, first part, watch the camera feeds of every room + switch off the first security device. Second part go to the first room (you can only go to one room), kill romulans, switch off the security device. And thats the way all the time (except the part where you need to "save" the test subgjects, but thats all).

There is no place to look at camera feeds or switch anything. If a console is supposed to go all glowie after I kill all the ambushes than the mission is glitched as there is no glowie console.
    @Sin Stalker

• w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happened to me before, leave the instance, drop and restart the mission.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    some of the alarm consoles are semi hidden and if you don't know where to look you might have trouble finding them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    This happened to me before, leave the instance, drop and restart the mission.

I've done that about 4 or 5 times now. Still no interact-able.
    @Sin Stalker

edited March 2014
    captainsin wrote: »
    There is no place to look at camera feeds or switch anything. If a console is supposed to go all glowie after I kill all the ambushes than the mission is glitched as there is no glowie console.

Then, yes the mission is bugged. The first part of the mission is to just activate those cameras and watch their feed lol. You dont even need to fight. What i meant was, everytime yo "clean" a room from romulans, you need to deactivate the alarm (security consoles or watever name you guys call em). Weird things will occur if you dont do that.

Anyways, 4 days ago i finished the mission without any problem at all, i am pretty sure you guys are doing something really wrong, cuz that mission never had a problem, and as i say, i finished it just a few days ago.

One important thing to do is to deactivate the first alarm you find, that is essential. If you dont do that, the mission is bugged and you cant progress. But i think this is intended.

A more specific detail of what part of the mission is causing the problem would be nice.
    edited March 2014
    I enter the installation. I go down the elevator. I get off and walk across a light bridge. There is a room with enemies in it. I fight them. Inspect the room and find no glowies. I move on through the next set of doors. Its a hallway with sealed doors on both sides. End of the hallway is a fake door. Before the fake door, the hallway turns to the left. I follow. Still zero glowies so far.

There is a door with a console on my right. Nothing is interactable and door is sealed. My map shows entities on the other side. I turn left as it is my only option. I turn right and find a door that is not sealed on my right. (to the left are some more turns and another sealed door, no glowies). I enter the only room that is not sealed.

I fight enemies in there. After they are down, I see one glowie that is counting down to the next ambush. I have done this differently each of the times I play. If I do nothing, ambushes come again and again until they stop and the glowie is no longer counting down. In this scenerio, no interact-ables. I have to restart.

When I click on the glowie and halt the ambushes early, the ambushes may stop (one time they didn't, I fought them and then no glowie). When the stop, I look around and find no further glowies in the room or on the entire level.

No matter what I do, no glowies appear after that part of the mission.

I've searched through whatever wikis and help I could find, nothing solves the issue. I attempted to call a GM but when going through the buttons of what my situation is, it simply tells me to restart mission or report a bug. I'm just happy this isn't a paid subscription or I'd be more pissed.

I've left my character on planet Nimbus III until I can finish this mission.

I don't think I have any further information on the mission. I can give info on my character and crew if you think that may be applicable.
    @Sin Stalker

• solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    captainsin wrote: »
    I enter the installation. I go down the elevator. I get off and walk across a light bridge. There is a room with enemies in it. I fight them. Inspect the room and find no glowies.
    After you killed them all, there should be the alarm-thingy that you have to shut off.
    One thing I noticed while playing the mission today: one of the enemies went away to a semi-hidden corner of the room (but my BOffs were already chasing him) and the alarm didn't trigger until that last guy was killed.
    For an example how the mission should play out, see this video on Youtube: link (it's 9 months old but the mission still worked the same today)

When you have exhausted all options to get it to work and it still doesn't, the only thing you can do then is file a bug report and skip the mission until it is fixed (and hope that they will find the bug and fix it)
    edited March 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    After you killed them all, there should be the alarm-thingy that you have to shut off.
    One thing I noticed while playing the mission today: one of the enemies went away to a semi-hidden corner of the room (but my BOffs were already chasing him) and the alarm didn't trigger until that last guy was killed.
    For an example how the mission should play out, see this video on Youtube: link (it's 9 months old but the mission still worked the same today)

When you have exhausted all options to get it to work and it still doesn't, the only thing you can do then is file a bug report and skip the mission until it is fixed (and hope that they will find the bug and fix it)

FINALLY. Thank you. That worked.

The next door shouldn't open unless you do everything you need to in that room or something.

I owe you.
    @Sin Stalker

edited March 2014
    As i said (twice already) the objectives in this mission are, to kill every romulan in the rooms and to deactivate every alarm. Thats the reason the first one is essential, since the door and the console will not be operative untill you kill all the romulans and deactivate the alarm. Its not like the mission is bugged, its just if you dont do that in the first room, you cant advance further (logically).
  • time2walktime2walk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have two problems in Installation 18: one is cosmetic (and merely annoying), the other can be mission-breaking.

The mission-breaking one is in the final room with the Elachi Beta. Once you enter the doors to the room lock, so any BOFFS that are not inside at the time will not be able to enter. In addition, should you die and choose respawn, you respawn outside the room, making it impossible to enter.

The cosmetic bug concerns the Elachi Beta. After defeating him, the cutscene starts where you put up a containment field and try to interrogate the Elachi, but he decides to go out in a blaze of disintegrating glory. However, once the cutscene ends, the Elachi is still standing there, swaying like Scotty after a bottle of Aldebraan Whisky.
    Boldly going forward, cause we can't find reverse