test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A modest proposal for Reputation Gear

lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Reputation System
One major disincentive for the Reputation gear is the costs. Players who are shooting for the Mk XII gear will do without the lesser gear. They bypass the Mk X and Mk XI versions because they would only use them for a limited period of time. The mark and dilithium costs would be wasted. But what if those costs could be recaptured?

I propose a buy back for the Marks and Dilithium costs for Mk X and Mk XI gear that could be put towards higher tiered gear. This would provide incentives for players to actually get and use the Mk X and Mk XI version of the gear. Players wouldn't have to do w/o better gear for the long haul to Tier 5 Reputation.

Ideally it would be a 100% cost recovery for the old gear. This can work because the better and higher Mk gear is more expensive. Players would have to put in more marks and dilithium to get the better gear. I can understand the devs not waning 100% but I can't see it being less then 66-75%. Otherwise it's getting back to be prohibitively too expensive.

Comments

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah my Romulan is using aegis 2 pc and fleet shields, no point in bothering with Mk X or XI rep gear, way too expensive for something I won't use permanently. I can understand not wanting to directly refund any marks or dil, but the devs have to also understand the only reason people used these items before was it was so much cheaper under the old salvage/tech system, you didn't lose out on that much potential dil by using techs/salvage for Mk X and XI sets. Costs for these sets needs to be lowered or some way of giving discounts on Mk XII items if you own a Mk X or XI piece needs to be done, or no point in these being around anymore.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions