test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character select screen shows a BOFF where the ship should be

starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Anyone else getting this?

It just does it on one of my characters, and it's always the same BOFF floating above my crew.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I irregularly get something like this after transitioning to a new zone - the list of officers and ships will be messed up, with the names of some of my boffs in all-caps appearing above the ships, but with ship icons. Clicking on any of the invalid names will briefly cause an error message to appear where the name should be, following which the list will correct itself.
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • Options
    gonjaagonjaa Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm suffering from the same problem OP.

To the first reply: I don't experience what you are describing.

It happened right after I got given the bridge officer D'Vex at the end of a quest which also filled up all my Boff slots. Not sure what else could be relevant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for that.

The character it's happening on for me, is also the only character I have additional purchased BOFF slots.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a similar problem. Except it's my currently selected small craft there in place of my starship. It's easily corrected by clicking on another character, then back to the first one on the list and click on it. Not game breaking, but weird and funny.
  • Options
    maestrojaviwanmaestrojaviwan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exactly the same happens to me with my klingon character, but with the romulan one, the problem is that one of the bridge officers appears cloned, in the others positions
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exactly the same happens to me with my klingon character, but with the romulan one, the problem is that one of the bridge officers appears cloned, in the others positions

though I don't get the OP's issue, with a BOFF where the ship should be.

I am getting a few of the others.

Rom character, Veril is cloned in all the positions.

One of my fed engineer characters get his Delta Flyer put up top. But if I log him out and select him again, he has his regular ship.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have this problem on my rom/kdf/tac D'vax goes to were my ship should be and shows the little picture of a BOP i dont have any BOP on my rom because i wont to keep it close to the TV shows
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes! Extremely irritating. This gotta be a simple bug to fix - like a table indexing issue.

How could this be missed in testing? It happens without exception.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.