test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I just *really* dense, or ...

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
Wait, don't answer that. ;)

Since LoR went live, some DOff assignments have a background color in their little window, as opposed to all being the color of the DOff background screen (blue/red and I assume green for Rommies). Mainly I see a lot of assignments in green, with a sprinkling of gold here and there. I don't recall seeing this before the new release, and I have not yet figured out what (if indeed anything) it is supposed to signify.

Someone help out a poor dense soul and enlighten me?
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold is part of the Gamma Quadrant expansion, the first and only DOff system expansion that Heretic wrote before he left Cryptic.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adding to eklinaar's comment

the green seem to be assignments added with legacy
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I don't think that can be right. These missions were all in the DOff system already, just now they're a different color. For instance, the engineering missions 'Dilithium Mining in an Unstable Something-or-Other" and "Demolitions for Dilithium Mining" both show as green backgrounds, where pre-LoR they were available, but with the standard blue background. Don't know about the gold, but lots of the Gamma quad missions like all the Tulaberry and Nepeta leaf stuff are still blue backgrounds I think... :confused:
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • macjack248macjack248 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the default fed UI:

The missions in GREEN are the missions that used to be in GOLD. i.e. the ones from the Gamma quadrant expansion that generally give you mucho rewards.

The one in GOLD is the currently selected mission.
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like was said earlier these were part of the Gamma Quadrant expansion and since it was a doff expansion the rewards were adjusted to be a better cxp vs time. Also you will notice that a majority of these missions required one or more of the newer traits added to the doff system when the Gamma Quadrant was released (i.e. resolve, telekinesis, shroud).
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asindar1 wrote: »
    Like was said earlier these were part of the Gamma Quadrant expansion and since it was a doff expansion the rewards were adjusted to be a better cxp vs time. Also you will notice that a majority of these missions required one or more of the newer traits added to the doff system when the Gamma Quadrant was released (i.e. resolve, telekinesis, shroud).

So basically, if you're in it for cxp, "green like money?"

-Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macjack248 wrote: »
    With the default fed UI:

The missions in GREEN are the missions that used to be in GOLD. i.e. the ones from the Gamma quadrant expansion that generally give you mucho rewards.

The one in GOLD is the currently selected mission.
    OK, that's making more sense. I didn't come aboard until after the gamma quadrant was added - I didn't realize that a 'gamma quad' mission might not actually *be* in gamma, but just issued at that time. Thanks for clarifying.
    --Red Annorax
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, now that I take a closer look, it seems that the color scheme has changed. It's definitely NOT an indicator of base DOff system/Gamma Quadrant Expansion any more. It looks to me like the only criterion for gold vs green is that green indicates an assignment with a particularly high value reward (usually CXP, but sometimes something else like dilithium) relative to other projects of its category.