test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lovin the New Content!!!!!

bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Klingon Discussion
In light of all the whine threads about Cloaking is ruining FvF, EPTA is ruining cloaking, Romulans are just Bajoran spacetrash now, or any other thread about how Cryptic has once again doomed STO with its inability to do something right....

I just wanted to say thanks for the new KDF content and tutorial. Its awesome!
After playing it and experiencing all the little touches you added and all the big changes you made its evident you went the extra mile to make us KDF fans feel a part of the greater STO storyline, and I am grateful.

Excellent job to all of you Devs!
The KDF finally feels klingon.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
Post edited by bitemepwe on

Comments

• Options
    blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhm this should've been done from the start of STO. 2 factions, not 1 and a half. So yes while the new content is nice they don't get a high five from me for it. too little, too late so to say.

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then go show your displeasure in one of the many fed threads littering the forums.
    I created this thread so we KDF fans can not be lumped in with the whiners and criers and the Devs will know we are happy with the completion of our storyline, level one starting and the effort that finally came to include us in STO.

We can continue to be grumpy and irritated over past issues or we can move on and be happy that the day finally came where we have completion and substance.

Or we can continue being the old targ licking past wounds.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am happy that there is new content for KDF, looking forward to diving in when I get the chance. Will consider it like a prequel since it technically has occurred in the past for my main.

Still haven't had a chance to settle on new traits, pick a warp core, etc. Got lots to do!
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must admit the 7 or so missions we did get that are unique to the KDF are done extremely well. The tutorial is also the best in the game.

Whoever did the work on the KDF side should be proud, you did some outstanding work and should be proud of what you've accomplished.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... the KDF tutorial certainly is better BUT there's so many romulans about the universe it only makes sense that the name of the game has changed to reflect the new romulan themed online game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree. I'm loving the new KDF content as well. The devs. working on it did an outstanding job, the missions are very fun and enjoyable that it makes me play it over and over again. :)

I said it in another thread and I'm going to say it again - I declare the devs. working on everything that KDF got out of LoR 'Heroes of the Empire' and they should feel very proud of themselves as they brought much honor to the House of Cryptic. :D

I have said this before as well, and I'm going to say it again - Cryptic might not create things for the KDF often, but when they do - they nail it! Everytime! I have the feeling that someone at Cryptic is really Klingon at heart. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will join in to say thank you as well... I have not played my new (and real first) Klingon character, but I sure enjoyed it a lot.

I never played the 'old' klingon missions before (house always win....) so, for me, it's like an entire new faction to play...

Qa'pla!
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I declare the devs. working on everything that KDF got out of LoR 'Heroes of the Empire' and they should feel very proud of themselves as they brought much honor to the House of Cryptic. :D

Maybe a statue in the hall of warriors?
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe, we already know fed traitors have infiltrated one of the great houses, the devs making statues of themselves will give us clues to help us to find those traitors.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hehe, I can picture a Taofangs statue in there ... :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too would like to say thanks for all the improvements. Since I played the Romulan contents on Trible, I have been playing the KDF side since the 21st, and I say I like it a lot. So again, great job!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am liking it to a little more so than the Romulan content.I especially like Rure Pente mission when your ship comes down and does what it does.

I really like using the Brel non refit although I do miss the battel cloak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    venezia123venezia123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while i do agree they gave us more story content therefore making klingon gameplay ten time more awesome they barely gave more klingon customization options for your characters that has been one major complaint since the start of the game that has not been resolved
  • Options
    emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was blown away by the new tutorial and early missions for the KDF. The best part is that it explains why you are suddenly promoted to Captain in a very canon and logical way. And it also makes perfect sense why they send a new captain out on all these important missions - you were there from the start when the intrigue began.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thrilled. There are still some glaring, horrific issues with the faction, and it boggles my mind to think some of them have been allowed to remain, but I'm still very happy. the new content is fantastic.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪