test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg Romulan - warning

casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
This is just a friendly warning about the Liberated Borg Romulan in the Lobi Store.

First, her skin is bugged. The "infected" choices look identical to her regular skin. You can tell something is wrong because if you select infected ears (which DO work) then you can clearly see her ears are infected but not the rest of her.

Second, she does NOT come with the liberated Borg outfit. Her costume options are the same as any Romulan BoFF, except she can have the Borg head implants. She does NOT have the "exoskeleton" option that the Fed and KDF Borg BoFFs have.

I was very disappointed, I planned to use the Rom Borg BoFF to round out a team of all-Borg officers (special Sci Borg from "Assimilated", Fed Borg, Reman Borg and Rom Borg) but she has ruined the visual theme so I'll have to go back to the Android BoFF as my number four :(

Letting others know about this in advance!
Post edited by casbyness on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Liberated Reman BOFF is the same.

Though it's hillarious to have him run around in speedos. And have their skin colors being Red, Green, or Purple. :D
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, so the Reman also doesn't have the exoskeleton outfit? :O

But...screenshots of the Reman show him with that exact outfit! I'm confused.

Devs - can this be fixed please? What's the big deal with adding the Borg "look" to the Romulan BoFF? At the very least, fix the skin so the infected appearance works. Even the Android BoFF has that skin!
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    Wait, so the Reman also doesn't have the exoskeleton outfit? :O

But...screenshots of the Reman show him with that exact outfit! I'm confused.

Devs - can this be fixed please? What's the big deal with adding the Borg "look" to the Romulan BoFF? At the very least, fix the skin so the infected appearance works. Even the Android BoFF has that skin!

Lib Reman does have the Borg outfit option. I believe they were refering to the Infected skin type for the Lib Reman.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »

Second, she does NOT come with the liberated Borg outfit. Her costume options are the same as any Romulan BoFF, except she can have the Borg head implants. She does NOT have the "exoskeleton" option that the Fed and KDF Borg BoFFs have.

We are talking about the Playable race here, right?

Much as I would love the option, I don't believe the playable race Liberated Borgs have ever come with the exoskeleton. On either Fed or KDF. I have a Liberated Borg Fed captain and I have never had the option to use the exoskeleton.
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Liberated Reman also seems to be stuck with the basic Republic or neutral Reman uniforms if you don't want him in a Borg suit. Mine thinks I allied with Starfleet, so I can't stick him in the Klingon Romulan uniform like the rest of my crew...

Not sure if the opposite is true for Romulans who did actually side with Starfleet, but if it is, you guys might want to take a look at the coding that dictates the Liberated Remans' clothing options...
    edited May 2013
    kaevwrynn wrote: »
    Liberated Reman also seems to be stuck with the basic Republic or neutral Reman uniforms if you don't want him in a Borg suit. Mine thinks I allied with Starfleet, so I can't stick him in the Klingon Romulan uniform like the rest of my crew...

Not sure if the opposite is true for Romulans who did actually side with Starfleet, but if it is, you guys might want to take a look at the coding that dictates the Liberated Remans' clothing options...

I claimed mine before siding, and got Reman outfits for both Fed and KDF enabled, haven't checked since allying though.

[ Edit ]
    Just checked, after allying, he has Rom Fed and Rem Fed. Skin is locked to Reman type, and he has access to Infected Ears, which are slightly off-color, but not too much imo.
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got mine shortly after I first arrived at the flotilla, since it didn't make sense to me to claim before leaving Virinat. Only had the neutral options then.

On allying and switching my crew over to the Klingon Romulan uniforms, I found that my Borg officer couldn't, since he apparently thinks I sided with Starfleet. His preset outfits include both the Federation Romulan and Federation Reman suits, but he can't actually wear those either...
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really like to put my Lib Rom boff in a borg boff suit too. It seems like an oversight that it was not included in the first place. I don't know if I would have bought her if I'd known it was missing the borg outfit.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
    edited May 2013
    kaevwrynn wrote: »
    Got mine shortly after I first arrived at the flotilla, since it didn't make sense to me to claim before leaving Virinat. Only had the neutral options then.

On allying and switching my crew over to the Klingon Romulan uniforms, I found that my Borg officer couldn't, since he apparently thinks I sided with Starfleet. His preset outfits include both the Federation Romulan and Federation Reman suits, but he can't actually wear those either...

Hmm, ok to be fair, I was just checking the preset, never actually tried to apply + commit, so I could well just be blowing smoke :(.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are talking about the Playable race here, right?

Much as I would love the option, I don't believe the playable race Liberated Borgs have ever come with the exoskeleton. On either Fed or KDF. I have a Liberated Borg Fed captain and I have never had the option to use the exoskeleton.

No, we are talking about the BoFF. The Romulan Liberated Borg BoFF you buy from the Lobi store for about $60 worth of Lobi Crystals (300 Lobi). She doesn't come with the Borg outfit, which is the sole reason I used up 300 Lobi on her.

I would really appreciate this oversight being fixed so she can use the Borg outfit please. :(
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ouch. Yeah, not having the Borg outfit is kind of a weird oversight. The skin texture I can chalk up to a bug, but the outfit?
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couple of quick questions.

1. Is she only for Rom players or can Fed/KDF claim her.

2. Can she wear any of the Rom clothing options or just the generic ones.

thanks in advance.
    edited May 2013
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions.

1. Is she only for Rom players or can Fed/KDF claim her.

2. Can she wear any of the Rom clothing options or just the generic ones.

thanks in advance.

She's for all factions. Romulans can't actually buy her until they pick their allegiance actually.