test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Login Queue: Unacceptable

Why am I being subjected to this? Why wasn't a sudden, almost violent increase in the demands upon the game server not foreseen and planned for? Hardware investments aren't that expensive, and you (the dev, network, and marketing teams) should have known about potential interest in your online game and the demands upon the server loads by studying the sale figures packs and bundles that would benefit only future activity! Then you look at previous account activity and server loads and compare, planning for a lot of old, potentially defunct accounts to suddenly become active based on information with similar Perfect World games after the release of an expansion.

I mean, this isn't neuroscience, it's just non-linear mathematics, and trend prediction! DO YOU NOT HAVE ANYONE ON STAFF WHO HAS ACCESS TO OTHER PERFECT WORLD GAMES, AND A COMPETENCY WITH JUNIOR COLLEGE LEVEL MATHS?! Fix it; let me play the game I have invested monies into.

Edit: Login queues for a game like Star Trek Online aren't a good idea in any case. There's just so much to do, one could spend literally hours on the same toon. I am more than 10,000 in the bloody queue, I could be stuck in limbo all freaking day, and that's if I choose to remain connected for 8+ hours. I ALREADY DID THAT TRYING TO PATCH THE DAMN THING YESTERDAY! Fix it!
Post edited by paxinae on

Comments

• Options
    astemiastemi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree fully. I spent an hour and a half this morning at space 3500 and just got booted from the game and am now in position 12k+.
  • Options
    epicmaster200epicmaster200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL I cant get on too
    ***Warning***
    This Post May Cause damage to unEPIC people...
    If you have trouble while reading this post. You are not EPIC enough to read it.

• Options
    malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will await my turn in the queue with decorum and patience, but for the SOB to constantly time itself out, crash and then necessitate restarting at the back of the line is frankly extremely infuriating.

No empty threats about "leaving forever" or some undignified string of verbal abuse.

Just a simple fact ... if I?m not playing STO then I?m likely looking into playing something else. If something else grabs my attention, the competition on my free time and disposable income is surely something Cryptic would prefer I keep happily focused on STO.

Yes I've been around the MMO block long enough to understand the reality of game changing updates and patches. Still ... make the damned line work properly and you'll hear no complaints from me as I wait my turn.
  • Options
    paxinaepaxinae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is interesting. The queue I'm in just dropped about 7000 people, then put back on 2000+, and just dropped another 450~. So... YAY! I'M MOVING UP THE LINE! But only because people are giving up. There is no emoticon for derisive sneering.
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What queue?
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I spent 90 minutes in login queue, get in and IMMEDIATLY have to deal with the smug, self-satisfied abuse from subscribers (who I now view as the scum of the earth), and NOW THE SHARD IS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE?!

No! No-no-no. I know it's a ****ing game! I know it's not supposed to be important! I know that text is about the most impotent way to express anger there is! But this is a ****ing infuriating turn of events! I have just been told by the game and then the game's privileged mother****ing player base that I don't have the right to play when I want to play! AND I COULDN'T EVEN IGNORE IT BY JUST PLAYING THE ****ING GAME! I can feel the hard, hot pinch of rage at the base of my skull...

I was literally called a parasite by one of the subscribers.

This is a ****ing game, I ****ting well know that, but that means that it's a ****ing luxury. It's something that by its very existence is not important, yet somehow distracting or enriching to my life in the face of the various small and big ways that it might suck. Why the ****, then, am I being discriminated against and then expected to just take it? THAT **** HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, AND IS COMPLETELY AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF STAR TREK.

I think I've come full circle, because I can't be mad anymore, only sad.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paxinae wrote: »
    I spent 90 minutes in login queue, get in and IMMEDIATLY have to deal with the smug, self-satisfied abuse from subscribers (who I now view as the scum of the earth), and NOW THE SHARD IS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE?!

No! No-no-no. I know it's a ****ing game! I know it's not supposed to be important! I know that text is about the most impotent way to express anger there is! But this is a ****ing infuriating turn of events! I have just been told by the game and then the game's privileged mother****ing player base that I don't have the right to play when I want to play! AND I COULDN'T EVEN IGNORE IT BY JUST PLAYING THE ****ING GAME! I can feel the hard, hot pinch of rage at the base of my skull...

This is a ****ing game, I ****ting well know that, but that means that it's a ****ing luxury. It's something that by its very existence is not important, yet somehow distracting or enriching to my life in the face of the various small and big ways that it might suck. Why the ****, then, am I being discriminated against and then expected to just take it? THAT **** HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, AND IS COMPLETELY AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF STAR TREK.

Since you are clearly a F2P member, quit whining about the queues. It is CLEARLY written in the in the F2P matrix that in the event of a queue situation you will be stuck behind Gold Members. You accepted this when you signed up, DEAL WITH IT. This is a CHOICE YOU MADE... Don't want to sit in the queue? get a membership, simple...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come On "perfect World" Quit Doing Shard Mantance!
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not again i just got in......
  • Options
    valsfanvalsfan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paxinae wrote: »

There is nothing privileged about paying for the game...why shouldn't people who help the game succeed get put first in queue? There is nothing stopping you from being "privileged" I suspect it is your attitude that is annoying people, not that you are f2p. Cussing people out on the forums or in the game because you want something that other people have to pay for is also not in the spirit of star trek.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Since you are clearly a F2P member, quit whining about the queues. It is CLEARLY written in the in the F2P matrix that in the event of a queue situation you will be stuck behind Gold Members. You accepted this when you signed up, DEAL WITH IT. This is a CHOICE YOU MADE... Don't want to sit in the queue? get a membership, simple...

What about silver memberships that have paid every month since the start, been regular purchasers of zen and part of very active fleets? Three hour login? Unacceptable.

No, that's just poor planning on the part of PWE. Come and join us here at STO on May 21st for the next generation in online MMO's. And sorry unless you're a paying memeber, expect a 3-4 hour wait. A free to play game that you can't play because you don't pay.

So we're left with upgrade to lifetime or gold? Lawyers salivate for this kind of ineptitude.

In truth, things will settle down in few weeks. This is temporary, as is most of what people say in these forums, myself included. Some of the lifers will get bored again and whine, the Klingons will cry HAVOC! and let slip the whines of 'we are second class citizens', and the PvE'ers will stomp in mad circles about having to rethink tactics because of the Romulans.

And all will be good in the world until the next update, when this will happen again. And Again. And Again.

My Two Bits.

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To gold members: Do get stuffed, because I'm about to lay out an uncomfortable fact about why you are wrong and should be relaxing your jaw.

Free to players account for about 70-90% of most free-to-play game's revenues. You aren't the only people that "help the game succeed." In fact, numbers show that subscribers and especially lifers ultimately fork over less money while extracting more benefits than those who don't fork over a huge lump sum. If anything, I subsidize you. So how dare you dismiss me, or tell me that I don't have a right to complain when the game that I gave money for doesn't work to my satisfaction?

The Terms of Service doesn't preclude me from having the right to complain, just that I can't be abusive when I complain, and that I can't sue when something goes wrong. So you can take your textbook elitist sentiments, file them down until only the jagged shards of stupidity remain, and them ram them down down your bloody, heaving throats.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are silver/free people still complaining about the QUE? That is the whole point of F2P or how games can be free, you get basic access, you want more pay for it. Please read

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or did all of the threads about the queue get 'pulled'?
  • Options
    sfreedom1sfreedom1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasn't the whole point of the gold/lifetime membership, not to wait in queues......