test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change your password - yeah if only we could!

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
Really in the Account security and you page it says to change your password every 3-6 weeks, so I thought 'since we are seeing a litlle bit of hacking being reported recently why dont i change my password'

So I head off to the account page and enter the old password, enter new password twice and press submit. The next page says:

A verification email has been sent to **********@hotmail.co.uk. Please log into your email and click the link we've sent you to apply to your account.

Resend verification email
Cancel the change

All well and good but no email anywhere, not in Inbox or Junk mail box or anywhere. As a result it would seem that none of us can change passwords even if we try. Is this down to PWE's systems or is it maybe a problem with Hotmail email accounts and PWE?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It can take 5-10 minutes to get the email - depending on how many are using the service at the time. That's what it took me yesterday.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It can take 5-10 minutes to get the email - depending on how many are using the service at the time. That's what it took me yesterday.

Ye, the servers are slow. I changed my password yesterday, had to wait 15 minutes for the mail to arrive (and oh boy, I got like 5 of them because I pressed "resend").
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Yep. Took me a good 15-20 minutes for me the other day. It's just slow is all.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely if it using the same system as Cryptic Guard the wait shouldnt be anywhere near this long.

Oh well guess i will give it another 30 minutes.

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Surely if it using the same system as Cryptic Guard the wait shouldnt be anywhere near this long.

Oh well guess i will give it another 30 minutes.
    Account Guard and the Account system are two different systems entirely. Account Guard is tied directly into your STO account. The Forum/Account system is divided between all 14 of PW's games - which constitutes several million users.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may be right on that one as it is something I overlooked :/

Either way password confirmation did finally turn up at about 25minutes mark so it is just very slow.