test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Uniforms

saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Where they all at? For starters there isn't a single Cannonical uniform in the entire list and secondly, you have a grand choice of three different types. Compare that to the dozen or so Federation Uniforms. I'm seeing people running round in different Uniforms that aren't available from the Tailor and whilst they're not Cannon, they are at least in the spirit of Klingon dress sense. Any idea where I can get them?
Post edited by saladinbob on

Comments

• janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you talking about the Honor Guard uniforms (images at bottom of page)?

There are fewer uniform options for KDF in general. It's possible they'll be expanded with the upcoming redside content packaged with LoR, but I'm just guessing on that point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you talking about the Honor Guard uniforms (images at bottom of page)?

There are fewer uniform options for KDF in general. It's possible they'll be expanded with the upcoming redside content packaged with LoR, but I'm just guessing on that point.

Amongst others. I'm a purist though and would like to see cannon uniforms rather than the ridiculous over sized shoulder pads (which your sash goes underneath rather than over the top of) and driving gloves.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theres a tos one thats canon
    Live long and Prosper
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

But it's not complete, the boots are too short, the sash goes over the wrong shoulder, it can't be coloured purple, the female one has no skirt (TAS), there are no collar ranks, there is no Female dress version. And the TOS one is the closest one we have :mad:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

I'd rather this. My Fed character has access to (including from the C-Store) ENT, TOS, TMP, WOK, TNG Seasons 1-2, TNG Seasons 3 onwards, DS9, VOY, as well as a variety of non-Cannon uniforms. For Klingons, I have Sleeveless, Standard and Armoured, none of which are cannon. How about Captain Kla's sleeveless? What about TMP uniform? What about ST3? What about DS9 etc.? It just seems a bit shabby that Klingons have far less choice than their Fed counterparts.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Were it down to me EVERYONE would be in a canon uniform
    have normal sized TRIBBLE (if female)
    and carry faction correct weapons

sadly im not in charge
    Live long and Prosper
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let's rephrase - there are NO viable KDF uniforms

- WHEN are we going to get viable KDF uniforms?
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only support this call for more uniforms... I want to make my crew TOS like but it's just not complete. I see all these NPC with gorgeous pieces... here you go, pick that material source...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you want more uniforms? we can't even get the romulan senate uniforms unlocked for KDF and our enemy faction boffs are all clones

Despite the added content to KDF we will still be the neglected faction

Also to actually add to the conversation in a meaningful way

here are some KDF costume ideas I have previously posted along with to link to more

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9784901&postcount=3
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also support this, despite maining a Fed and soon a Fed Aligned Rommie, simply because I too was severely disappointed by the lack of uniforms for my KDF chars.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Holodeck and tribble the Embassy Uniform interface for the KDF is broken.
    I have mentioned it a few times and i haven't heard a reply.

So it is like the broken Marauder Boff and certain Fleet ship modifications.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I saw on tribble they removed some of the fed uniforms from the off duty tab?

So along with that I am also still missing my maco, omega, hg optional unlock which is still bugged.

I wear the korath uniform on my kling which has clipping issues with the orion belt with cloth, so all in all terrific.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its kinda crazy that almost the romulans "new faction" and hasnt been in the game for 3 years has almost more then the KDF have now...with a few minor exceptions but still.. makes you realise the state in which the KDF is... be nice to get new outfits on a quality aspect of the romulans/feds.

Dont get me wrong I love the romulans and feds.. just pointing my view out :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its kinda crazy that almost the romulans "new faction" and hasnt been in the game for 3 years has almost more then the KDF have now...with a few minor exceptions but still.. makes you realise the state in which the KDF is... be nice to get new outfits on a quality aspect of the romulans/feds.

Most people would be embarrassed. But not Cryptic!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    From what I saw on tribble they removed some of the fed uniforms from the off duty tab?

So along with that I am also still missing my maco, omega, hg optional unlock which is still bugged.

I wear the korath uniform on my kling which has clipping issues with the orion belt with cloth, so all in all terrific.

Wait - in response to repeated requests for more KDF uniforms, Cryptic's response is to remove Federation uniforms? And I thought my opinion of Cryptic couldn't get any lower.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fingerless gloves is all i gotta say...The fact the Romulans got them before the Klingons by allying with the Klingons...lol wow.:eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion they need to dispense with the "outfit tab" system altogether. If I want Omega pants and chest gear and a TOS Mirror tank top, I should be able to have that, dangit!

Also, remove it for Boffs too. Just sayin'.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More uniform options for the KDF would be great! I would also like some footwear options for Orion females other than sandals! Some thigh high boots like the Orion female on DS9 by the Klingon weapon merchants.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Long coats, judge robes, personal weaponry, the many options from the movies like the slinky dresses and huge hair.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013

^This!^
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Fingerless gloves is all i gotta say...The fact the Romulans got them before the Klingons by allying with the Klingons...lol wow.:eek:

^And also this!^

Oh, and don't forget that even the KDF NPC get to wear cooler and more diverse outfits than the KDF players. :eek:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, this has been a battle that the KDF has always been losing to Cryptic since Day 1 of STO going live.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it sucks that (not including honour guard and vet rewords) NPC's actually look BETTER then me.I look like a standard generic klingon you fight on the fed side.

You get to wear a different uniform when you bust K'mar out of jail then have it taken away and not unlocked in tailor like we are being trolled.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    The costume dummies on the starbase also troll you.
    Bortasqu mini skirt for females, matching coat for males.
    Zillich in the tailor....
  • gulmabakgulmabak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else wondering why the Position of the sash of the TOS-klingon uniform is wrong?

Actually it goes from the right shoulder to the left side. This is fine for the TNG uniforms.

But in the TOS-series the sash was used from the left shoulder to the right side.

Here some examples:

Kor:
    http://zillowzollo.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/kor_big.jpg

Kang:
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081213040332/memoryalpha/en/images/0/0b/Klingon_3_variants.jpg

In no episode of the TOS-series the sash was used from right to left.

There is only a photo of a display (http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/Blackavaar/Screen%20Shots/StarTrekOnline/TOS_Klingon.jpg) and here I think the creators of the Display-uniform made an error by placing the sash.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gulmabak wrote: »
    Anyone else wondering why the Position of the sash of the TOS-klingon uniform is wrong?

Actually it goes from the right shoulder to the left side. This is fine for the TNG uniforms.

But in the TOS-series the sash was used from the left shoulder to the right side.

Here some examples:

Kor:
    http://zillowzollo.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/kor_big.jpg

Kang:
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081213040332/memoryalpha/en/images/0/0b/Klingon_3_variants.jpg

In no episode of the TOS-series the sash was used from right to left.

There is only a photo of a display (http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/Blackavaar/Screen%20Shots/StarTrekOnline/TOS_Klingon.jpg) and here I think the creators of the Display-uniform made an error by placing the sash.

It's this way because it was part of an event where you received Worf's season 1 sash and his season 1 hairstyle...and he wore it this way in season 1.

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2012/07/see-worf-to-wear-virtual-spandex.html

The fact that it's a reuse of the sash from TOS has little impact on this however.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120729215823/memoryalpha/en/images/a/ab/KlingonDeathRitual.jpg

It's not considered the TOS sash but the Worf season 1 sash from the game's perspective.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At least most of the Klingon clothing options are at least reminiscent of their canon garb, albeit in a stylized way. Cryptic seems to have taken a conscious decision to make the Romulan Republic's uniform choices call back to the shows as little as possible.