test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hostile NPC respawn rate?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
OK, so I understand that the farming community in the opening sequence is a shared instance, so all the bugs have to respawn. It just seems like they respawn *really* quickly. As in quickly enough that if I take one down and try to go thru where it was, a new one respawns right on top of me. Is this WAI?
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It teaches you not to try and shoot everything, but think of your objectives.

The Khelids are normally not hostile, only the big red ones are, and those have wide scattering, and you only need to shoot a few to get your drop for the objective.

On the next run in, u need to get to a cave, and that has 2 of the red ones flying in your path, so again, u only need to shoot those 2.
  • Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, so I understand that the farming community in the opening sequence is a shared instance, so all the bugs have to respawn. It just seems like they respawn *really* quickly. As in quickly enough that if I take one down and try to go thru where it was, a new one respawns right on top of me. Is this WAI?

I also noticed that they respawned very quickly, but I also discovered that I could walk right past most of them without even getting noticed. That may be part of the Romulan stealth trait. The flying ones were the only ones worth bothering to kill.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the Khelids aren't the only place with the problem. There's a certain courtyard on Nimbus.
  • Options
    trekadicttrekadict Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem on Nimbus III. Ridiculously fast. I kill the Gorn Chief Engineer, and literally two seconds later he's back.
    Prime Minister of the Anglo-German Empire