test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tactical Cube suicide

leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Tactical Cube deals 493884 (205507) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.

Something is wrong, isn't it?
We were firing the cube, it was about 50% when suddenly it exploded. I was impressed, so I checked Combat Logs and found that.
P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
...and 21 other characters!
Post edited by leoll2 on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was that in HSE?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who uploaded a virus subroutine into the collective!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Who uploaded a virus subroutine into the collective!

Apparently the Borg assimilated a Romulan ship...

The Romulans have an Iconian virus in their computer systems, and it's messing with heavy plasma torpedo guidance. :P

In other words, an extreme instance of a VERY known bug that Cryptic attempted to fix on several occasions.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Well, why fix it? It'd make it easier to complete Hive
    edited May 2013
    Well, why fix it? It'd make it easier to complete Hive

It also makes it a lot easier to fight any Romulan ship equipped with heavy plasma torpedoes, especially the D'deridex.

And I expect it also causes trouble for Undine ships.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited May 2013
    On tribble at the moment all HY torpedos are swinging back to destroy any npc that fired it, this bug is back with a vengeance if its on holodeck, now is the time to stick it to the collective!
    edited May 2013
    Ohh, let's hope it's not fixed today, I'm out for a bit, but then ya! I'm querying Hive
    edited May 2013
    Oh come on, the tactical cubes aren't even the hard part of HSE!

The real hard parts don't have heavy plasma torpedoes to begin with.

edited May 2013
    well, they're not that hard but it's just takes awhile and if someone screws up, then the opt fails.

I have completed the entire thing keeping all three optionals, it's just easier.
    edited May 2013
    Not saying elite stf's are impossible, just saying if you want to troll the borg take advantage of this bug, listen to the trololo song whilst watching them blow themselves up :D
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was ISE, not HSE
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
    edited May 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I've occasionally had success getting into a Tac Cube's face, and 'bumping' the High Yeilds back at it, it might not be "The bug".

What you're describing is more of an AoE issue where shoving yourself down the throat of a particularly large ship, such as a Borg unimatrix ship, and allowing it to fire an AoE torpedo (plasma energy bolt, HY plasma torpedo) will deal massive damage to said ship, while most likely destroying you as well.

From what I understand, however, this cube had a torpedo literally turn around and blow the cube to bits.

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this happen with the Unimatrix Command Ships in the Red Alerts? That would be something to see! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this happen to me actually. What it does, I think, is re-targets the nearest most damaged ship or at least that is what happened to me once but usually it targets like I mentioned the nearest damaged ship I did an alphastrike on a mogai and the torp turned around and hit him when it, the torp, was about 0.2 km from me.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavy torpedoes are AoE. If one detonates close to whoever fired it, they get hurt, obviously. What's so strange about that?

And yes, the unimatrix ships can also hurt themselves. As can Romulan ships with heavy plasmas and anything with tricobalts.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, it helps tac/scort pilots, I don't see it getting fixed
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have seen Donatra knock herself down 20-30% with her own torpedoes. Plasma exploding at close range is bad... mmmkay?
    edited May 2013
    that is why I like to ride her, hard
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this happen with the Unimatrix Command Ships in the Red Alerts? That would be something to see! :D
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I've occasionally had success getting into a Tac Cube's face, and 'bumping' the High Yeilds back at it, it might not be "The bug".

not sure if "Face Hugging" is legit or not, but if you went point blank with a cube or unimatrix capital ship when it has a high yield torp 3 or a plasma bolt and it detonates against you, you can expect a quick popping of the respective borg ship and can easily bring a full health and full shield borgie to 70% with no shields. To put it simply: "Return [object] to sender."
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a tactic i always use in kse for cubes. get close (0km), have your evasives, bfi, rsp and he ready and blow em with their own torps :).

u can do this with tac-cubes too of course, but probably u'll die :D... but cube gets hit :).
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Im not sure, but today i did a red alert when the unimatrix went from 70% to 4% in a blink, sadly i didn't save the combat log :(
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen, the borg hyt has an AoE cone that can do damage to the cube. Also if the hyt makes contact with any enemy target (Not justthe torps original target) it will blow up.
    The romulan hyper plasma torp follows the same path to the cube as shoots to the target. That means that a hyt can hit a romulan plasma torp. if the borg hyt hits a romulan plasma torp just as the borg torp spawns and the romulan torp is about to colide then the AoE from the borg hyt will do damage to the cube that fired it.

It is similar to how you can hurt yourself by being to close to the romulan torp when they colide.
    edited May 2013
    I love just sitting directly off its bow and just pumping those torps in... when the command ship fires its torps, they go after the hyper torps i got... usually knocks 10-35 percent of the health down