test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's get some ideas together for some new PvP map!!!!!

kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvP Gameplay
PvP in this game does need some work. Lets get some ideas on some new PvP content.

Personally I would like to see maps from some classic Trek moments.

Temporal maps!!!!!

Mutara nebula (Star Trek II )

The briar patch (Star Trek Insurrection)

Wolf 359 - with npc Borg cube and federation ships ( The Next Generation )

Battle for the Wormhole ( DS9 )

Just a couple of examples.

Lets hear yours!

Mooey@mooeyncc-1701
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
Post edited by kryptonianbadboy on

Comments

• cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A couple of those are pretty much already in there.

I just want more capture and hold maps. The game desperately needs more pvp game modes too like attack and defend type missions.
  • bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone remember Enemy Mine? Why did they take that out? :(
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    Anyone remember Enemy Mine? Why did they take that out? :(

"no one played it"

was the reason i remember.

and to the op, take a gander down memory lane about past ideas for maps.

there are a lot.

and cryptic has ignored every single one of them.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? PvP maps? in all these years? Really?

Lol forget it. They cant even find the PvP part in their engine code, adding 1 map means altering the whole code.

Hence the system has been pretty much untouched since release.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • kinetic78kinetic78 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? PvP maps? in all these years? Really?

Lol forget it. They cant even find the PvP part in their engine code, adding 1 map means altering the whole code.

Hence the system has been pretty much untouched since release.

That is pretty much it ,,

I don't think I would trust them to walk my dog :p
  • kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could always let players create maps in the foundry and share them. I know they did that in Star Wars empire at war expansion pack it was pretty good I think we have a lot of talented players that would jump that the idea to create their own PvP map, I know I would!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to see an open zone map with objectives that reward something, then respawn after a certain time. The reward should be nice enough to encourage people to actually try and get it, but not anything that would imbalance the game. I am thinking just some nice salvage for ECs.

Another nice map would be two small starbases, one for each side on opposite ends of the map, with appropriate defenses. First team to destroy the other sides starbase wins.

I will attempt to create these maps as foundry missions if I can find the time.
    edited May 2013
    I want to see an open zone map with objectives that reward something, then respawn after a certain time. The reward should be nice enough to encourage people to actually try and get it, but not anything that would imbalance the game. I am thinking just some nice salvage for ECs.

Another nice map would be two small starbases, one for each side on opposite ends of the map, with appropriate defenses. First team to destroy the other sides starbase wins.

I will attempt to create these maps as foundry missions if I can find the time.

Do something like the reputation system for PvP would be awesome. Maybe give like a quick respawn token or maybe an ability modifier that would give some extra skills. I know some players won't like another reputation system in this game but for PvP I it would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could always let players create maps in the foundry and share them. I know they did that in Star Wars empire at war expansion pack it was pretty good I think we have a lot of talented players that would jump that the idea to create their own PvP map, I know I would!

The idea is sound, then again it needs a considerable amount of investement because the PvP implementation in this game is most likely totally different then how the foundry works.

Again, unless we finally have a dedicated PvP team that will work on the PvP system, its never going to be realized.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maps in Space PvP serve no purpose and exist only to add additional frame-rate-killing clutter and get in the way of the camera. At best, the map offers a few points of scenery to serve as landmarks. Everyone, of course, promptly spirals into the sky in an attempt to avoid having their vision blocked by random clutter.

In short, additional maps are pointless unless they include some other objective beyond Deathmatch Arena or contribute something environmentally other than clutter. Since random chunks of rock and wreckage cluttering the map do not offer any kind of interesting environmental challenge, more maps would serve no purpose unless these maps include things like that. In fact, we'd be better off simply eliminating the existing space maps and simply having an empty, non-clutter-filled one, except no one wants to lose any more content.

What we REALLY need are more Warzones: PvP that everyone can partake in, with side-objectives other than simply murdering each other, like Kerrat. The 5v5 team format poses a significant obstacle to the widespread participation in PvP. I, for instance, would be an avid participant in PvP, if not for the fact that I simply don't have a team to participate in it with, and therefore, see no point in bothering. People these days just have such cripplingly short attention spans, plus the game itself makes enormous demands on your time just filling all the basic tasks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boootzboootz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Badlands, including shield hazard gas clouds and vortex hazards.
    edited May 2013
    boootz wrote: »
    Badlands, including shield hazard gas clouds and vortex hazards.

That would be sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]