test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Rep system - stuck

casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
I just reached 5k Omega reputation. Nothing happened. I checked the various windows/text and saw that the project to earn Tier 1 is on the "third" project choice.

But I already have the "support efforts" project in that slot. It is laughably asking for 50 Omega Marks, for just a return of 5 Reputation. Putting the tier upgrade in choices 1 or 2 looks to be impossible.

How do I get rid of the stupid project that's in the way so I can get on with the Tier upgrade and use the Omega Marks I have left on the DoFF?

Just saying right now - there is no way I am spending the 50 Marks on getting 5 Rep. I have 60 Omega Marks saved up to get the DoFF and that's all I want from the system. I'm not wasting any of my 60 on completing the ripoff project or going back through the Borg STF madness to earn more Marks. I will leave the game for another year if the only current option is to complete the project that's in my way, and simply wait for the system to be fixed.
Post edited by casbyness on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The third rep slot is usually for turning marks into dilithium. You can see those 50 marks will net you a 500 dilithium when you finish the project.

There no way to cancel/delete a project.

For the record, a single elite borg stf gives between 75 and 100 omega marks.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    I just reached 5k Omega reputation. Nothing happened. I checked the various windows/text and saw that the project to earn Tier 1 is on the "third" project choice.

But I already have the "support efforts" project in that slot. It is laughably asking for 50 Omega Marks, for just a return of 5 Reputation. Putting the tier upgrade in choices 1 or 2 looks to be impossible.

How do I get rid of the stupid project that's in the way so I can get on with the Tier upgrade and use the Omega Marks I have left on the DoFF?

Just saying right now - there is no way I am spending the 50 Marks on getting 5 Rep. I have 60 Omega Marks saved up to get the DoFF and that's all I want from the system. I'm not wasting any of my 60 on completing the ripoff project or going back through the Borg STF madness to earn more Marks. I will leave the game for another year if the only current option is to complete the project that's in my way, and simply wait for the system to be fixed.

You're right. The project you picked only gives you 5 skill points for rep, but it gives you 500 dilithium in return for your marks. So in other words if you don't wanna trade omega marks for dilithium, or romulan ones for that matter don't pick the third project slot until you get to a new teir to upgrade. All you can do now is give the project the marks it wants, get your dilithium, then do the upgrade teir project. I did the same thing as you when I was just starting out doing the rep, but now you know. :eek:
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    There no way to cancel/delete a project.

The game even warns you of that when the project is picked. I guess we'll see the op in a year though.
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    The game even warns you of that when the project is picked. I guess we'll see the op in a year though.

Funny thing is, on Tribble you can delete projects since forever. I still wonder, why this hasn't been implemented yet. Should be easy since it works flawlessly on Tribble.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajofolf wrote: »
    Funny thing is, on Tribble you can delete projects since forever. I still wonder, why this hasn't been implemented yet. Should be easy since it works flawlessly on Tribble.

All the new stuff on Tribble is part of the Romulan expansion. That stuff won't be put over onto Holodeck until May 21st, when the expansion goes live. Changes that will be applied to Holodeck in the short term is the stuff on Redshirt.
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the new stuff on Tribble is part of the Romulan expansion. That stuff won't be put over onto Holodeck until May 21st, when the expansion goes live. Changes that will be applied to Holodeck in the short term is the stuff on Redshirt.

Well, if it would be part of the new Expansion. The possibility to delete projects is on there way longer than Legacy of Romulus. Could have been implemented month ago.
  • satinaviansatinavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has been said that deleting projects is "work in progress". So i guess, there is still a bug or other problem somewhere and they didn't want to bring it to life - yet.

Especially as fleet projects seem to use the same code.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If having to earn another 50 marks (less than one ESTF) is enough to prompt a year long ragequit, I feel sorry for them when they hit the higher tiers. You burn more than that every day just on the XP projects. That's not even getting into 1000 Omega Marks for Mk XII ship equipment.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg