test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Max shield capacity wrong...

x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey folks this started to happen yesterday though i have no reason why, i was told to try and change the name of my shuttle if it was alphabetically before my main ship but that has not solved the issue.

Here is a quick example and its happening on all shields part from the one i currently have equipped.

Exchange:
Aegis Shield: 2,392.5 (true value should be: 6,237)

Does anyone know how to correct this? The above is just an example, i can not afford that shield plus i dont want to start spending that money kind of money till im admiral really lol

Like i said this is happening on all shields, missions, exchange and my inventory yes i have restarted the computer, and no ive not modified any files part from the keybinds one.

Edit:
Seems i have a bug that has been about since Beta days regarding the runabout.
Only been playing this game a week and already run into two bad bugs that the ompany are unable to solve it seems not impressed at all.

Also emailed them but seeing as im on day two for my first repot i dont have my hopes up of a quick fix.
Post edited by x0ligy on

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tool tip does say that it does not take into account any modifiers. As I understand it the only way to see the true numbers is in sector space. Even in the wiki they do put a not in the description for how they got their numbers:
    Note: Stats are given for those of a Tier 5 cruiser (59% bonus over Tier 1 cruiser with standard shields). The tier and type of ship will change the shield capacity and engine's flight turn rate.

On the shuttle thing no idea, as mine is named alphabetically lower than my cruiser.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got this sorted now.

It seems that cyptic have assigned the tooltips to your last brought ship which for me was a runabout, the solution is to "Discharge" that ship and the values return to normal why they dont assign tooltips to your current selected ship totally baffles me.

I found this solution here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=114476

Personally i would say this is lazy coding and an idiots mistake, why its been around for so long i have no idea.
    edited May 2013
    You'll come across quite a few in this game. However unless it is gamebreaking we have learnt to live with them as the likelyhood of them being fixed is low.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the help anyway Derconia.

And yes im sure there are many others, the last bug was me stuck ona stupid plant, i had to redo the last 20minutes of gameplay when the game finally reset me which involved running from one end of the map to the other to collect some stupid leaves and branches -.-

I guess the just like to make out there players are playing the game rather than fighting stupid bugs that could be fixed simply.

Anyway some tv then i'll hit the exchange i guess need more EC 2.5mil isn't enough even if my limit is 10mil atm lol

Also disappointing im level 44 in a week but oh well guess the item grinding starts after =)
    edited May 2013
    All the story missions can be repeated at max level and the rewards get scaled up to. It makes equipping a lot cheaper than you would think. For example fancy trying out a plasma build then do the relevant missions in the Romulan arc for the main equipment. Maybe you want to try polaron, then do the relelvant Cardassian arc missions.
    edited May 2013
    Yeh i noticed they can be re-done and redid one for a generator.

Im already plasma based and have been since the start, will try out other builds when i get chance but dont really want to keep re-specing and wasting EC at tthe moment. Im not a subscriber either ive just brought a few addons when required (inventory space) will update bank when i get chance and also thinking a defiant be nice at some point.

Just a shame it costs 500 C-points to respec and try out new builds and yes i know you can trade dilith for zen but thats something else i reqquire at moment 25k isn't enough =P
    edited May 2013
    http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium - every daily that rewards it. There is one on here who can easilly get over the limit in an hour, I am nowhere near that level but I can still go over the limit.

Also avoid the exchange unless desperate until after LoR comes out as there are a load of new zen store ships coming out so people are hoarding their zen or stockpiling it which is pushing the price up.

Don't worry to much about respeccing your skills as some are universal anyway, weapons damage affects all unless it is specified energy or kinetic for example. Also there is a change coming to the tree in LoR from what I have read and we may get a free one then. From what I have read a few of them are going to be combined where they effectively affewct the same thing. Though not being on the test this is just rumour.

Using the missions to try a different wapon type build will reduce your costs by a lot which is why I mentioned it as most of the space weapons are rare quality, some even come in the very rare catagory.

I am not a gold player either I had 10 days of it through a promotion many moons ago and got the NX starter ship with it. however the characters I created and levelled after that have all the restrictions of f2p. Only my first character got the free space increases and respec token.

If you are going to level another couple of characters it might be worth taking out one month sub, as levelling is fast, because they will then get the bank and inventry increases as thy level which will certainly be cheaper than paying for it per character.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the list and info much appreciated!

As for the inventory and sub, dont you lose the space once it ran out? Thats why i was doing it this way, have to admit im not a fan of the system they have in place though and feel it could be made better for both the company and the player but i guess there way makes them slightly more money then the way i would do it.

Anyway gonna hit the trade have fun =)

Oh and yes i am holding back on spending at moment as for why im buying rather than subbing i get bored of games quick due to fast leveling so normally end up wasting a sub or forget to cancel it then return later date and wonder whats up lol

Short run more expensive, long run better deal imo if you switch games alot and i come here to tkae a break from another game =)
    edited May 2013
    Anything you gain while you are a gold member you keep. As far as I know it is not retroactive. My first character was gold for 10 days due to my using a promotion, got the NX Enterprise with it. Still have the ship and the bank space that I gained while levelling.
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, ive never known any company do that before normally take away benfits right away (rxtra space etc) oh well whats done is dne now and i have half the space i need now.

Will have to think about the extra character didnt really look at what was avaliable at the time wouldnt mind playing as Dominion or something but i bet that race isn't playable.
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    Will have to think about the extra character didnt really look at what was avaliable at the time wouldnt mind playing as Dominion or something but i bet that race isn't playable.

Not officially, but take a look on the wiki, there are instructions of how to make different "aliens" with the alien generator or whatever it is called.
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks will do if i stick around.

Cyptic got back to me about this issue and said "it sounds like a new bug" and that i contacted the wrong department yet i dont believe i did "customer support > gameplay" seems right to me. Also pointed out that this new bug was three years old and i fixed it in the end.

Anyway will let this thread die now thanks for the help and info.