test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Department Head Tabs vs. Ship interior?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
OK, so if I go to the DOFF window and click on the department head tab for, say, Engineering, will the assignment list be different than if I go to my Engineering room and talk to the engineer there? I mean, I know there are some specialized missions available from visiting like empowering strange artifacts or building hypos, but is that the only difference? Or does one need to 'walk the ship' at every new zone when you're searching for that last chain mission? :confused:
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Department heads only give the standard missions, crafting missions and a few of the rare ones are only available in the interior.

However, there are only a few of the chain missions that are found on the interior, and you don't have to check your bridge every time you zone, the interior is treated as it's own zone, and the assignments in there are generated the same way as any other zone.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, so if I go to the DOFF window and click on the department head tab for, say, Engineering, will the assignment list be different than if I go to my Engineering room and talk to the engineer there? I mean, I know there are some specialized missions available from visiting like empowering strange artifacts or building hypos, but is that the only difference? Or does one need to 'walk the ship' at every new zone when you're searching for that last chain mission? :confused:

The missions from your Department Heads tab are the same as if you walked up to them on your bridge, except for as you already said, the specialty missions that are always there like fabricating stuff.

There used to be a difference, which was quite annoying, but it was a bug that was fixed quite a while ago. Hopefully, I haven't jinxed it now. <fingers crossed> :)

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)