test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ST Stars would be interested...

ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
...in reprising their roles.

So just got back from STNJ, and interestingly enough the stars are interested. Michael Dorn said he wants to bring back Worf. When asked if he would do it for STO, he said, "Yes...for a million dollars." Pretty sure he was kidding.

Nana Visitor said she would love to reprise her role, if she could work with the same writers and crew. I see a possibility here.

Gates McFadden was asked if she'd do it for STO, and she said yes. This would take some thinking, maybe a similar transporter accident ala Scotty.

I'd like to see Cryptic put out the feelers, I mean what's it gonna hurt. Find out what these celebs want, if it's too much, pass. I know for a fact, if you can get Michael Dorn a ride in an unusual plane, he'll do it for next to nothing.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Post edited by ravin on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Get the dude who played Barclay.

Game needs more Barclay!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »

Amen!

MOAR BARCLAY!!!

:D

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see Michael Dorn. Worf needs a voice, considering he's the canon character that you interact with the most with. As well as being the only canon character in a social zone.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Carolyn Seymour she played Taris in TNG, get her to do a voice over for Taris in game since she comes back....she does Voice over work for video games....she's Doctor Chakwas in Mass effect...and some other characters in TOR.

Or bring back Toreth for the Republic I'm sure she would love to get back at the Tal Shiar for her father
    GwaoHAD.png
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Bring on Mr. Broccoli!!!
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Id like to see good ole sir patrick stewart reprise his role as picard on here.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes Worf Please.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, Michael Dorn's done videogame VOs before, so he'd probably do well enough, the KDF could use a familiar voice, and it's already established in-game Worf's still alive, kicking and interacting with the KDF players.

And I'd love it if they could get Dwight Schultz to voice commander Barclay when the time comes for them to update the Federation tutorial. Provided that will include the Academy, of course. It would be a perfect fit.

Neither needs any time travel or transporter accidents to work, which is always a big plus. Contrived cameos just kind of make me groan whenever I encounter them.

And, just throwing this out there, Jeffrey Combs did the mad scientist in The Secret World, so... who knows. Maybe someone found a brush with one of Weyouns' hairs in it or something. (What? That's not contrived. That's canon!) :rolleyes:

And if Kate Mulgrew's up for it, I'm available for a mission to finally help admiral Janeway move into her new residence at 4028 Facility boulevard (It's code! Ixnay on the ifesentencelay. Keep it quiet or she'll turn into a dragon.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Gates McFadden was asked if she'd do it for STO, and she said yes. This would take some thinking, maybe a similar transporter accident ala Scotty.
    Would it? She's not exactly ancient, and she was still alive and very well in All Good Things, which (supposedly) happens 14 years prior to the game's storyline. It's not a stretch to bring her back.

I don't know, though. Canon characters making appearances are dangerous territory. They need to be doing something interesting, unlike Worf who sits in a back room moping in one mission and stands around on Q'onos the rest of the time. Given Cryptic's writing in the past and it only becoming marginally passable lately, they'd probably fail to live up to the expectations.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
    edited April 2013
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    radkip wrote: »
    Would it? She's not exactly ancient, and she was still alive and very well in All Good Things, which (supposedly) happens 14 years prior to the game's storyline. It's not a stretch to bring her back.

I don't know, though. Canon characters making appearances are dangerous territory. They need to be doing something interesting, unlike Worf who sits in a back room moping in one mission and stands around on Q'onos the rest of the time. Given Cryptic's writing in the past and it only becoming marginally passable lately, they'd probably fail to live up to the expectations.

So according to Memory Alpha, Dr. Crusher was 55 at the time of Nemesis. Taking the year of her birth at 2324, and the year, according to MA, of 2379 for Nemesis. Add 30 years for STO, she'd be 85. Not a stretch, but she'd be up there in age.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

edited April 2013
    So according to Memory Alpha, Dr. Crusher was 55 at the time of Nemesis. Taking the year of her birth at 2324, and the year, according to MA, of 2379 for Nemesis. Add 30 years for STO, she'd be 85. Not a stretch, but she'd be up there in age.

Definitely not a stretch, I mean McCoy visited the Enterprise-D and he was in his mid 100's. Technology baby, keeping us alive longer.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, 80s in the late 23rd Century is like the 50s of today.
    ...in reprising their roles.

So just got back from STNJ, and interestingly enough the stars are interested. Michael Dorn said he wants to bring back Worf. When asked if he would do it for STO, he said, "Yes...for a million dollars." Pretty sure he was kidding.

Nana Visitor said she would love to reprise her role, if she could work with the same writers and crew. I see a possibility here.

I'd like to see Cryptic put out the feelers, I mean what's it gonna hurt. Find out what these celebs want, if it's too much, pass. I know for a fact, if you can get Michael Dorn a ride in an unusual plane, he'll do it for next to nothing.

I'm sure all the actors would love to reprise their roles in STO. However, there is one major problem ............... Cryptic's budget.

They said time and time again that they love for the cast to reprise their roles, but to pay for their services comes at a massive cost. Then you have to factor in the STO team would have to make a storyline awesome enough for them.

Though it's been suggested the last time this was brought up of perhaps something like kickstarter for the fanbase to fund the voice acting. So we never know.
    edited April 2013
    I am sure they could get a few of the actors to reprise their roles for a fair price....or even free depending on the actor.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nana Visitor huh? I wonder how long Bajorans live? Mirror Universe Bajorans in particular...
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Definitely not a stretch, I mean McCoy visited the Enterprise-D and he was in his mid 100's. Technology baby, keeping us alive longer.

I think you mean Scotty, I think DeForrest Kelly died before the Episode "Relics"
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think you mean Scotty, I think DeForrest Kelly died before the Episode "Relics"

Admiral McCoy paid a visit to the Enterprise-D on her maiden voyage in TNG: Encounter at Farpoint Part 1.
    edited April 2013

Scotty too, but McCoy (Deforrest Kelly) was in Encounter at Farpoint.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Bring on Mr. Broccoli!!!

Metathesis is one of the most common of pronunciation errors sir, a reversal of vowel and consonant - "bark" to "brock" ........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2013

As Radkip pointed out in All Good Things, she was captain of the Pasteur, an Olympic class vessel. Which you know we do have in-game. Even at fleet level.

I think Dr. Crusher would be a great addition to STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You'd need no such thing. All good things takes place in 2395, just 14 years prior to STO and Crusher is still serving in starfleet at that time! She'd be 85 years old at this point, drastically younger than 137 year old Leonard McCoy was in TNG. I'm sure she's still in good health today ;)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also get that guy back that did the voice over work for Morn. He is awesome!
    edited April 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Also get that guy back that did the voice over work for Morn. He is awesome!

Oh god no....Morn talks to much I can't stand it anymore.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see Andrew Robinson who played Garak. Garak is still on Cardassia as a leader of sorts and in the STO novel its implied he may be in cahoots with Franklin Drake.

Manu Intiraymi who played Icheb. He's in game so why not have a voice over? He could be a leader of a Liberated Borg Faction along with Hue and Seven. Priority One did an interview with him and he was all for being involved.

Rom (can't remember actor's name) is Grand Nagus he could be the voice of the Ferenghi.

Ciroc Lofton he was also in the STO novel as a well respected reporter.

Jeffrey Combs who played Shran and Weyoun. I loved Weyoun a voice over would be fantastic!

Michelle Forbes who played Ensign Ro Laren on TNG.

I say to get the lesser known actors since they'd be cheaper and get us more bang for the buck and many would have much more room for development then the more established characters.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2013
    The game has set precedence with Lita. Any previous character, whether alive or dead, can "reappear" as a holograph.

Dr. Crusher as a holo-doc, sure, but I think the really cool way to go would be a holographic Reg Barclay engineer. It seems a natural step that holo-addicted Barclay at some point would preserve his youth and essence via holography. The question would be whether holo-Barclay keeps his creator's eccentricities, or does Reg give him the bold confidence (and taller status) that he himself had while in the holodeck?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea of Holo-Reg. Put one of him at every starbase you can mod a ship at... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Only if Cryptic can get some references to the Amanda Barclay Foundry missions. Seriously, some of my favourite missions I've played. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dr Crusher as head of Starfleet Medical. :cool:

And don't forget Wil Wheaton as Wesly Crusher. *ducks for cover*
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Dr Crusher as head of Starfleet Medical. :cool:

And don't forget Wil Wheaton as Wesly Crusher. *ducks for cover*

You mean hWil hWeaton?!?

And honestly - Robert Picardo.

One of [if not] my favourite characters. Plus - dude was a hologram - no chronological [read: aging] issues there.

Be nice to see if all those "unused" EMH's are still diggin the in the mines... :)
This discussion has been closed.