test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Binding

atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
I am having trouble with binding--basically I want to be able to bind skill 10 or number 0 to spacebar but when I do, it doesn't work--binding space to fire all weapons overrides the skill bind, and binding the skill overrides binding all weapons. How can I bind both 'fire all weapons' and tray 10/0?
Post edited by atticusmas on

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only way to bind two different actions to the same key (ie space bar) like what you are trying is to use two keys.

Space bar set to fire all weapons,

Shift and space bar set to Tray whatever.

To do this press the shift key or whatever key you choose and hold it down then press the second key.

ie press and hold shift then press the space bar.

Hope this helps.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The only way to bind two different actions to the same key (ie space bar) like what you are trying is to use two keys.

Space bar set to fire all weapons,

Shift and space bar set to Tray whatever.

To do this press the shift key or whatever key you choose and hold it down then press the second key.

ie press and hold shift then press the space bar.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, this doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    K Ill try again.

You Cannot bind two seperate commands to the same key. but you can bind two seperate commands to a main key then to the same main key and a secondary key.

Main key being space bar and secondary key being the shift, or any other.

Its like the default tray hot keys

Control + 1-0
    Alt + 1-0

With what you are trying (in my example) you would press shift + the space bar at the same time to activate the second bind.

You would set this the same way you normally do Go to settings then keybinds, pick which one you want And then press the two keys to set the bind.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    K Ill try again.

You Cannot bind two seperate commands to the same key. but you can bind two seperate commands to a main key then to the same main key and a secondary key.

Main key being space bar and secondary key being the shift, or any other.

Its like the default tray hot keys

Control + 1-0
    Alt + 1-0

With what you are trying (in my example) you would press shift + the space bar at the same time to activate the second bind.

You would set this the same way you normally do Go to settings then keybinds, pick which one you want And then press the two keys to set the bind.

So no, I can't bind two skills to the spacebar.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    By itself Then no you cant.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can bind multiple commands to any key. Whether or not that requires you to press the key multiple times depends on the type of action you are performing. Also, the longer the keybind, the more likely you will not be able to predict the sequence of actions. But, again, you can have as many commands as you want.

There is a whole sticky topic on keybinds in the Academy portion of the forum.

However, to do what the OP asked, from the command line (i.e. chat line) type:

/bind space "FireAll$$+STOTrayExecByTray 9 0"

This will fire the action in tray 10, slot 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bds007 wrote: »
    You can bind multiple commands to any key. Whether or not that requires you to press the key multiple times depends on the type of action you are performing. Also, the longer the keybind, the more likely you will not be able to predict the sequence of actions. But, again, you can have as many commands as you want.

There is a whole sticky topic on keybinds in the Academy portion of the forum.

However, to do what the OP asked, from the command line (i.e. chat line) type:

/bind space "FireAll$$+STOTrayExecByTray 9 0"

This will fire the action in tray 10, slot 1.
    Thank you very much.
    EDIT: Upon testing this, it does not work. Nothing happens, it fires all weapons but nothing is done to slot 10
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Terminology

Slot 10 of what tray? If you mean the first tray, then:

/bind space "FireAll$$+STOTrayExecByTray 0 9"

As stated in my previous post, that command would have fired the first slot in the 10th tray. This command will fire the 10 slot in the first tray.

The first digit is the tray, the second is the slot. Counting starts at 0, not 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bds007 wrote: »
    Terminology

Slot 10 of what tray? If you mean the first tray, then:

/bind space "FireAll$$+STOTrayExecByTray 0 9"

As stated in my previous post, that command would have fired the first slot in the 10th tray. This command will fire the 10 slot in the first tray.

The first digit is the tray, the second is the slot. Counting starts at 0, not 1.

I am sorry for asking another question, but I have trouble understanding keybinds as they are a bit complicated. How do I change the command to 'fire all phasers' instead?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not a problem

Fire all phasers = FirePhasers
    Fire all torps = FireTorps
    Fire all Mines = FireMines
    Fire phaser and Torps = FirePhasersTorps
    Fire Torps and Mines = FireProjectiles