The following are notes I accumulated during a character run-through from level 1 to 23. Overall this was a GREAT Beta Test. Everything seemed very stable and wonderful, so the following feedback notes are the only issues I had at all during the entire run.
- The story-line was great. It caught my attention far better than either the KDF or FED story-lines ever did, and something about this story-line I could relate to, so it was very immersive for me.
- Stability was excellent. The one and only game crash I had was fixed by the devs - the issue with the traits tab - and that was the only time I had any issues at all. There was no lag, no server issues and no problems with log on.
SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Cut-scene text - I know I am not a speed reader, like everyone else here is, so I'd love the option for the text to either appear in my chat so I can read it or have it slow down on the screens. This was especially prominent in the tutorial. It seemed like there were really long sentences and I barely caught any of the story because I'd get 1/3 of the way through the sentence and end up missing the rest.
- In the tailor screen, everything works great, but on initial character creation you cannot zoom all the way out on the Romulan creation screen. A solid wall is too close to the character and blocks the entire view if you zoom out too far. This is running on a screen resolution of 5040 x 1050 on a triple monitor setup. If you can move that wall further back or maybe even remove it, that would make great sense. Since this is a character create screen anyway, there is no need for walls, etc. behind the camera.
- Transwarps should be race based, not ship based. I noticed when flying a federation ship, my transwarp took me to SOL instead of the Flotilla. This made it very inconvenient when needing to zip back for promotions. Romulan ships transwarp to the Flotilla just fine, but faction ships appear to be stuck on KDF or Fed bases for transwarps.
- Members of my party noticed this one as well, so it wasn't just me, but it appears that sometimes the class symbol of a team member gets replaced by a pink square, as if the texture is not rendering properly to show what class our teammates are. This happened intermittently.
- On large map missions, more spawn points might be added. I died during the mission in T'Liss and it was a long journey back to catch up with my teammates - and they killed off the Borg cube before I managed to even get near them. If I was solo, this would not have mattered, but when keeping up with a team, it was noticeable how large the map was in the instance of death.
Well, that's it. Cryptic I thank you for a very great initial test of this, and I look forward to testing more content for you. Take care