test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any Way to Return an Unused C-Store Purchase?

wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
I know the likely answer but... I accidentally bought a Playable Caitian when I wanted to buy a Caitian bridge officer. Is there any way to undo this and swap it for the right thing? Or failing that, sell it via exchange (I doubt that even more)?

Haven't done anything... didn't make a toon and now decide "naw I don't want this" - I bought it, went to claim my BOFF and found I had no requisition and realize "aww hell!" and came straight here.

:S
Post edited by wilsonfrontier on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do it all the time. Years ago I bought a bunch of bridges and different skins for kdf. Never had any intention of actually using it.
    And no , cryptic will never ever give you your money back
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    I do it all the time. Years ago I bought a bunch of bridges and different skins for kdf. Never had any intention of actually using it.

Well I don't want my money back - I want to swap and more expensive item for a less. And I used in-game D to get the Z, so there is no money involved.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's no built-in way to do this. Your best bet would be to contact customer service, via the link in my sig. Good luck, I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction. If not, remember, that's an account unlock, so you can always use it later even if you have no desire to use it right now. With future content updates, it may become a more attractive option for you.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No my friend its a done deal, i play as a fed kitty and a kdf kitty trust me they are fun!. You can get fed kittys of the exchange just they cost millions so yeah... Meow and prosper!
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You think that's bad, I accidentally bought the NX enterprise even though I already had access to it via the enterprise bundle. 500 zen completely wasted there.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    No my friend its a done deal, i play as a fed kitty and a kdf kitty trust me they are fun!.
    Neither of these posts are true.

I have had store refunds before, it all depends on the circumstances, and probably the person receiving your request. As syberghost has already said, your best bet is to file a ticket, explaining the error in your transaction. If you're really lucky, they'll refund the 600 zen and you'll get to keep the playable Caitian (cause I don't believe they can lock purchases once people have made them).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    There's no built-in way to do this. Your best bet would be to contact customer service, via the link in my sig. Good luck, I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction. If not, remember, that's an account unlock, so you can always use it later even if you have no desire to use it right now. With future content updates, it may become a more attractive option for you.

Under what categorey? :confused::)

I did file an in-game ticket explaining it, tho. Never had a response to one of them lol.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Under what categorey? :confused::)

I did file an in-game ticket explaining it, tho. Never had a response to one of them lol.

Bug reports don't get responses, and the other kind of ingame ticket goes to the GMs first, which aren't the people you need.

I'd say start with Customer Support, Account Inquiries, General. It may not be right, but it'll be the right team, so they should be able to direct you further more quickly.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".